Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

warranty issues

ricnvic

Well I've had my Bu for one season and now that summer is almost over I have some issues that I need to have fixed. a couple of seams on the seats of my boat are coming apart. I have BABIED my boat, no shoes in boat and etc. is this covered under warranty? seams pulling apart. The carpet has hardened in several places and discolored. I hope that they are good at fixing these things, some of these issues I had when I had my I/O and I could live with it for what I paid for that boat but what I paid for this boat it should have been better. :(

Well I've had my Bu for one season and now that summer is almost over I have some issues that I need to have fixed. a couple of seams on the seats of my boat are coming apart. I have BABIED my boat, no shoes in boat and etc. is this covered under warranty? seams pulling apart. The carpet has hardened in several places and discolored. I hope that they are good at fixing these things, some of these issues I had when I had my I/O and I could live with it for what I paid for that boat but what I paid for this boat it should have been better. :(

The seams will be but the stains in the carpet propbably not, unless you could convince them that it was defective material or workmanship. I think they would point you to a good cleaning place.

I think you may get the carpet covered as well. Malibu knows that there has been a color/glue/stain problem with our boats. You just need to navigate the problems properly with your Service Manager. Another thing to check out while its in for service and repair is the creaking floor where your table base is. If it creaks, it should be replaced and Malibu (at least Merced) knows about it.

Greg

My 2004 VLX has a similar floor problem - the section of the floor (about 3x4') where the post for the table slides in is collapsing on the port side. When you stand on it, it goes down about 1-2" and actually rests on top of the gas tank. My dealer has contacted Malibu and they are supposed to be fabricating another floor panel....but it's been almost 2 months. My friend who owns an identical VLX is starting to have the same problem. Also, your pop-up ski pylon will probably start sticking....I cannot even get mine up....Crazy.gif (the pylon)......Thats another warranty item.

I think you may get the carpet covered as well. Malibu knows that there has been a color/glue/stain problem with our boats. You just need to navigate the problems properly with your Service Manager. Another thing to check out while its in for service and repair is the creaking floor where your table base is. If it creaks, it should be replaced and Malibu (at least Merced) knows about it.

Greg

This is what I'm talking about, I have a carpet saver and never have shoes or dirt in my boat. it has got wet and where it has got wet it has turned stiff and discolored. I also have the creaking floor, sticking pylon and the netting in my back side compartments has come undone and I've never put anything in them. :(

I love this boat but I'm kinda disappointed in a few areas of quality. I really hope that the take care of these items and I will be a happy customer, I don't have much hope after dealing with UWS.

I have the netting problem too, but its an easy self fix. Just pull the boarder off (snaps in and out easily) restaple the end of the elastic line and push the boarder back into place. Easy

I doubt that we deal with anymore construction problems than any other brand owners, but my SM did say that he has seen more construction issues come about as Malibu's production numbers have risen.

Greg

beautiful boat btw

Edited by Greg_S
Rick these items are covered under warranty.  If after talking to Mike (manager) at UWS and things haven’t been taken care of them I would get Malibu involved in getting these items repaired.

Mike is the short guy in there? I hate to say but he is a jacka$$. when we called to get somethings taken care of he said call Bell Aqua, he was not even helpful at all. I said well I guess after you get my money then you don't want to talk to me and he said basiclly NO. call Bell Aqua, I liked Kenny the salesman and everyone else in there but not him and I won't deal with him anymore.

Thanks for the reply, at least I feel better knowing these things are warranty.

Ricnvic,

You should read this thread about us '05 owners having all kind of problems with this crap-carpet.

I hope the '06 stuff will be better!

My carpet after 6 month and 125 hours looks so bad now, crusty, discolored, stains everywhere - just ugly!

And I am definitely one of these baby-your-toys-guys!!!

2005 Carpet Thread

All the best with your issues!

Edited by Chaabo
Rick these items are covered under warranty.  If after talking to Mike (manager) at UWS and things haven’t been taken care of them I would get Malibu involved in getting these items repaired.

Mike is the short guy in there? I hate to say but he is a jacka$$. when we called to get somethings taken care of he said call Bell Aqua, he was not even helpful at all. I said well I guess after you get my money then you don't want to talk to me and he said basiclly NO. call Bell Aqua, I liked Kenny the salesman and everyone else in there but not him and I won't deal with him anymore.

Yes he's the guy, very short on service end of things and has pissed off alot of people that I've talked to. Just schdule it w/ Bell Aqua and explain what you want done. Alot of it will depend on them taking pictures of it and emailing them to Malibu to get authorization to fix them. Mike isn't knowledgeable in the service/maintance area anyway.

Yes he's the guy, very short on service end of things and has pissed off alot of people that I've talked to. Just schdule it w/ Bell Aqua and explain what you want done. Alot of it will depend on them taking pictures of it and emailing them to Malibu to get authorization to fix them. Mike isn't knowledgeable in the service/maintance area anyway.

everyone with an 05 should make a list of our gripes and then send a link to the thread to Mike Sanchez at malibu so they can see that this is a real problem and not blow us off. Mike has really been good when I've talked to him on the phone.

The carpet in 2006 is a new 32oz heat set polypropylene carpet. It is nice and plush from what I have seen in the 06's we have here. Seems to be a great improvement from the previous carpet. Time will tell I guess, but it sure looks and feels much better.

The carpet in 2006 is a new 32oz heat set polypropylene carpet. It is nice and plush from what I have seen in the 06's we have here. Seems to be a great improvement from the previous carpet. Time will tell I guess, but it sure looks and feels much better.

Yeah, let's hope it lasts longer/stays longer in (good) shape!

When I first saw the 05 carpet it feels so nice and plushy as well.

But after a few weeks of usage (the carpet gets wet from time to time - It's still a BOAT) it's crusty - no more plush at all. Mad.gif

Agree. Toured the TN plant in August and we noticed the improved/new carpet. Looks and feels much better than the carpet in my 03'.

I'm looking at older boats now and am wondering how involved putting new carpet in is. Is this a DYI level or PTTN (pay through the nose) upgrade? Maybe they have great deals on '05 leftover crust er... carpets segments Crazy.gif

I've had the same problems with my carpet and floor as well. There have been some other issues also. After me dealings with UWS I wish I had bought somewhere else. The salesman was great. That is where it stopped. Has anybody had any problems with their Extreme trailer? The DHM I had on my las BU was a whole lot better. I believe the Extreme is a piece of ----.

I've had the same problems with my carpet and floor as well. There have been some other issues also. After me dealings with UWS I wish I had bought somewhere else. The salesman was great. That is where it stopped. Has anybody had any problems with their Extreme trailer? The DHM I had on my las BU was a whole lot better. I believe the Extreme is a piece of ----.

No problems with my trailer, other that rusty looking water coming out from under the diamond plate on the fenders. I do agree with your observation of UWS Mad.gif Kenny was great but the amount of help that we got from UWS after we took delivery of our boat is ZIP!! I have several Issues with my Malibu but I will not take it to UWS like the warranty says, I don't want to waste my time. I will go straight to Mike Sanchez from Malibu he has always helped me out. MIBU what other issues do you have with your bu?

I have the same rusty/black stuff coming out from under the diamond plate. Th crank wheel has been replaced and broken twice. The rear taillight has broken twice. My bow tank still leaks water under the tank. The tower has been replacd once the third should be arriving any day now. The ice chest leaked so I fixed myself. Now the fitting at rear of ice broke, after 4 weeks I got a call friday that it's in. The dash on both sides makes alot of noise. All the carpet and floor issues. My bilge area would fill up after being in the water for 10 minutes.Uws couldn't fix. I fixed it myself,it was the water crossover hose from the impeller that goes under the motor that feeds the exhaust manefolds.The hose was about to come off.Ther is alot of gel coat issues as well. some cracks and green spots all over.

I need to find a dealer with CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! That knows what they are doing. I feel I should call Malibu, but that might cause more problems.

I forgot to say every time I take the boat in I have to compleatly clean the boat. There is grease stains all over the carpet and seats.

Edited by mibu

No problems with my trailer, other that rusty looking water coming out from under the diamond plate on the fenders. I do agree with your observation of UWS Mad.gif Kenny was great but the amount of help that we got from UWS after we took delivery of our boat is ZIP!! I have several Issues with my Malibu but I will not take it to UWS like the warranty says, I don't want to waste my time. I will go straight to Mike Sanchez from Malibu he has always helped me out. MIBU what other issues do you have with your bu?

Talk to Dave the service manager @ Belle Aqua, if he doesn't help you cover these things call Phil @ the Cope Rocklin store, he is the GM for UWS and Copes.

My dealings with Dave have always gone well, afterall he replace 3 engines for me.....

My carpet is a little stiff too, but no stains to speak of.

As far as the Extreme, this is my second trailer and the only issue I have had was the trsion bar went bad on the 03 and was replaced under warranty & on the 05 the diamond plate came off one fender and also was replaced under warranty.

I have not had a problem with the pylon yet, but then again we use it almost every time we go out. (Nice place to hang the rear fender from :) )