Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

96 Response with aftermarket wedge

rekrab201

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some solutions to a 1996 Malibu Response LX with an aftermarket wedge. The problem is that in 96 the teak platform was designed with slots in it which when combined with a wedge kicks/spits up water onto the rear seat. Let me know if anyone has any insight on this problem.

Image on malibuboatwoners.com

Thanks,

Jon

Take a piece of plexy glass or mylar that is a few inches bigger than the wedge and screw it to the bottom of the teak platform with small stainless screws.

A buddy of mine had the same issue with his 97, not anymore Surprised.gif

A while back there were some solid teak platforms on e-Bay. No slots for the water to shoot through. I think your only solutions would be to plexiglas (or lexan, or....) the bottom of your platform or replace it with a solid one.

G!!! did the plexiglas as well w/o any issues.  Jklein added in a wedge door on his boat a few years ago for access.  It looks like you have a piece of wood cut for the door?

Yes, the owner made a hatch for the wedge. Very cool.