Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Show off your kids!!

Ndawg12

Great thread! Loved going through all the pix. Especially those of you with little ones. I remember those days! No way I'd have the stamina to do that again - but I do remember. This is our first year with a purpose-built tow boat - and it's not even a wakeboard boat. But my boys are making the most of it for sure.

3805134301_e6933a545d.jpg

My youngest - Zach - 13.

3805134639_7d57b0dea2.jpg

Zach clearing wake to wake.

3805952816_f3e4e44e60.jpg

...And lands it...

3805951804_4bd64cf07f.jpg

My older son - Josh - 16

3805132959_86f59ca710.jpg

Almost didn't clear the wake.

3805133267_6fa612de9b.jpg

Landing one.

3805951304_aaa7e0ef4e.jpg

And finishing it off to look good.

3805950160_a2d9e265e8.jpg

360 spin.

post-4709-1249493984_thumb.jpgHere is my 11 year old. Finally got the pop off the wake. If only I could do it now!

I do have one question about the wake if I could ask it here. If not let me know where to put it. Why is my wake rolliing white water?

You need to dump all of the ballast & pull the wedge up (if it's down). The more weight you add (regardless of where it is) the faster you have to go to clean up the wake. On that boat, it should clean up around 17-18 without any ballast, & you shouldn't be pulling kids/newbies much faster than that IMO. Check your speedo with a GPS to be sure that it's correct, they're usually off a little (calibrate it at 20, that will make it accurate up to about 32-35).

Not my kid, but very cool none-the-less. Good friend of mine set up a clinic with Paul Macdonald, and here's six year old Lowden loving it.

Peter :)

P.I.T.A. finally got to drive the boat, that was a lot of fun teaching him. Check out the language we used, not including the choice words. Throttle forward. Throttle back. Tap it forward, Tap it back. I tried to use the word down instead of forward and he only heard me when I said forward, it's funny the words a teenage brain wants to hear, he made these up and I can't even remember what I was saying prior to his ephipany.

post-10082-1250112033_thumb.jpg

P.I.T.A. finally got to drive the boat, that was a lot of fun teaching him. Check out the language we used, not including the choice words. Throttle forward. Throttle back. Tap it forward, Tap it back. I tried to use the word down instead of forward and he only heard me when I said forward, it's funny the words a teenage brain wants to hear, he made these up and I can't even remember what I was saying prior to his ephipany.

Cool. Did he pull you yet? Having a kid who knows how to drive the boat well is a great thing for those times when he/she is the only way you will get to ski that day.

Cool. Did he pull you yet? Having a kid who knows how to drive the boat well is a great thing for those times when he/she is the only way you will get to ski that day.

Are you kidding me, heck no, I had him pull his brother...LOL. I am still his co-pilot, talking him thru the motions. I'll let him pull me on Sunday when Dad is on the boat too. He pulled his big brother pretty dang good even thru the turn arounds. Pyro even got some pretty good air with PITA driving.

post-10082-1250182945_thumb.jpg

Are you kidding me, heck no, I had him pull his brother...LOL. I am still his co-pilot, talking him thru the motions. I'll let him pull me on Sunday when Dad is on the boat too. He pulled his big brother pretty dang good even thru the turn arounds. Pyro even got some pretty good air with PITA driving.

You might have stated earlier, but how old are the boys? is it legal fo rthem to be driving on the river yet?

You might have stated earlier, but how old are the boys? is it legal fo rthem to be driving on the river yet?

14 and 16 and as long as an adult is on the boat they can drive but if they are by themselves, which isn't going to happen anytime soon they have to have a valid Montana motorboat operator's safety certificate or evidence of completing an approved boating safety course and be at least 13. We have really loose laws here.

I'm always looking for a good reason to show off my son, he's the cutest thing in this world to me (hopefully everyone feels that way about theirs!). We've had a great time during the first half of our first season in the BU! What a great family investment.

So post some good pics of those kiddies.

Here is a fun one:

6170_1217640558326_1148239844_648860_5221767_n.jpg

14 and 16 and as long as an adult is on the boat they can drive but if they are by themselves, which isn't going to happen anytime soon they have to have a valid Montana motorboat operator's safety certificate or evidence of completing an approved boating safety course and be at least 13. We have really loose laws here.

Loose laws? I guess. In NJ even I can't operate a boat legally unless I have the boating safety certificate.

I realize that this is probably not what the OP meant my showing off your kids, but this past weekend I got my oldest boy off the payroll.. :) 3 more to go. He married a fabulous girl, they've been interested in each other since sophomore year in high school. There's a few more pics on the photographer's website, Oneboyonegirl.com, she was an amazing photographer. In the large group photo, my kids are from left to right: #1, #5, #6 and #9

gallery_586_543_91248.jpg

Edited by jayjoans
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a picture of my oldest child (8 years of age) from this past weekend. This was her first attempt at kneeboarding and she did great! She even did it without me showing her how first. My daughter is somewhat timid and can get scared of doing something she has not tried before so we were all happy!! I know it is not the caliber of some of the pics of younger kids on this thread, but she has to start somewhere.

As you can see, I was driving the boat and I will take the blame for not having a spotter because Mom (my wife) was on the shore with our 5 year old and BillFooter was helping Anna get started. I think my daughter would have gone longer with an audience in the boat! She looked like a natural! I don't know if she will barefoot but at least she likes being on the water and out in the boat.

post-2063-1251148244_thumb.jpg

Finally talked my daughter into getting on the wakesurf board with me.

Somerville086redo.jpg

We took the one below after we rode, I think the picture tells it all, she had a blast and cant wait to do it again.

Somerville009.jpg

Here is my 10 year old:

Jumping last summer at Cobles he was 9 at the time.

Running the course at 26 mph last week:

We only had a full pass at 26 on this video but since then he has moved up to running full passes at 30 mph and has gotten 3@32 mph. He also trick skis (ran 480 points at nationals) and wakeboards. He can go wake to wake at 22 off behind a slalom boat and do one wake 180s. He hasn't spent enough time behind a wakeboard boat to be comfortable going wake to wake on the bigger wakes.

I don't have pictures of my 11 year old daughter handy I'll dig some up and post them. She isn't as into the skiing as my son but can slalom and got up on the wakeboard for the first time yesterday.

• 10 months later...

So on somewhat of a whim today my 13 yr old daughter asked if we could try to get her and her friends all up at once. I said sure, and we my wife grabbed the camera and our 10 yr old daughter. I figured this was going to be an exercise in futility, but to my suprise all 5 popped up slaloming. We did have a rope malfunction on the first attempt and a fall shortly into the second attempt, but on the third attempt they all got up and skied for 4 or 5 minutes around the lake. So in the picture is: Amanda (10 yrs old), Sydney (11 years old), Katie (11 years old - jshap's daughter), Bridget (13 years old) and Hannah (12 years old). It was a blast and all the girls impressed me with their skiing skills.

DSC00464.jpg

Edited by MalibuWantToBe