Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Show off your kids!!

Ndawg12

post-4709-1249493984_thumb.jpgHere is my 11 year old. Finally got the pop off the wake. If only I could do it now!

I do have one question about the wake if I could ask it here. If not let me know where to put it. Why is my wake rolliing white water?

I suppose we can squeeze 1 question in here. Are you running any bow ballast?

Here's the whole gang on the trampoline on our beach. Sun was a little bright that day. Those kids are like fish, it's really amazing to watch them swim and move in the water, like they were born in the lake. Our daughter is 3 going on 9.

Edit: messed that up, file too big.

Most may know or have a different way, but if you don't know how to downsize your pics, this is how I do it (on a PC).

Go to the pic, right click, edit - that should open it up in paint.

Go up top to image, stretch/skew and adjust vertical and horizontal settings, save and close.

Go back to pic, right click, properties and verify that the file size is less than 150kb.

Bingo! I have this Paint Shop Pro 8 program that I'm still learing. Got pics of the kids on the boards from the first run of the season that they made me promise not to share with anyone, as they were a little (lot) stiff.

Your daughter is gonna be a heart breaker some day. I saw her on the tow board in another topic, what a cutie!!

post-4709-1249493984_thumb.jpgHere is my 11 year old. Finally got the pop off the wake. If only I could do it now!

I do have one question about the wake if I could ask it here. If not let me know where to put it. Why is my wake rolliing white water?

Thank you. Yes, there may have been a full bow ballast in this picture. This was before I noticed the tank fills up on its own. Could that be why?

Thank you. Yes, there may have been a full bow ballast in this picture. This was before I noticed the tank fills up on its own. Could that be why?

No, actually I was thinking maybe you didn't have any bow ballast, I'm no expert but what I've read I think it defines the wake more and eliminates that roll over that you see. Maybe the bow ballast Nazi - Johnsvt can shed some more light on it for you. :)

No, actually I was thinking maybe you didn't have any bow ballast, I'm no expert but what I've read I think it defines the wake more and eliminates that roll over that you see. Maybe the bow ballast Nazi - Johnsvt can shed some more light on it for you. :)

Wow, this is scary, I read way too many posts, are sure you're not talking about the mid-ship ballast. I thought I remember someone else talking about that about the same time that I had the same problem, about 1-2 weeks ago?

Wow, this is scary, I read way too many posts, are sure you're not talking about the mid-ship ballast. I thought I remember someone else talking about that about the same time that I had the same problem, about 1-2 weeks ago?

Its the stock front ballast I have in my 04 VLX. It sits in front of the fuel tank near the front of the boat. Would that be considered mid ship?

Any input is much appreciated as I am trying to get a smooth wake with no wash.

How fast are you going? By the looks of it, it looks like you may be going too slow? The wake doesn't really clean up real nice until about 21 mph on my vRide which is the same hull that you have on your 04 VLX. I ride at 23-24 mph, with full ballast and wedge. Also, I believe the tank you're talking about is the midship, which is under the floor in the walkthrough. The bow ballast would be under your bow seats, above the level of the floor.

Here is a picture taken yesterday while we were having fun. It is our beloved choc lab Dante, she is watching over little EJ as he takes a nap.

post-10082-1249504157_thumb.jpg

Here is one of P.I.T.A. catching the first bit of air.

post-10082-1249504277_thumb.jpg

Some more of EJ and P.I.T.A.

post-10082-1249504369_thumb.jpg post-10082-1249504425_thumb.jpg

Had to reply some more not enough room in the last one.

Here's the infamous GF, and btw she's growing on me, just a little. It's been pretty cool the last couple times we've gone out it's just been her, Pyro, baby, hubby and I, oh and the dog Dante, she's acting like a puppy again.

post-10082-1249505966_thumb.jpg

Edited by luvtheBU

This is my daughter Andrea. She is 11 months yesterday. She loves the boat and gets excited when ew put her life jacket on. Havent gotten her to do any watersports yet, maybe next year.

post-8024-1249512882_thumb.jpg

post-8024-1249513026_thumb.jpg

I don't know if there's a age limit, but here's my 13 year old daughter skiing and boarding and my 18 year old son boarding....

Daughter skiing...

Alex2008Oregontrip025.jpg

Daughter wakeboarding...

Alex2008Oregontrip037.jpg

Son wakeboarding...

AndrewWakeboarding.jpg

Here's the whole gang on the trampoline on our beach. Sun was a little bright that day. Those kids are like fish, it's really amazing to watch them swim and move in the water, like they were born in the lake. Our daughter is 3 going on 9.

Most may know or have a different way, but if you don't know how to downsize your pics, this is how I do it (on a PC).

Go up top to image, stretch/skew and adjust vertical and horizontal settings, save and close.

Go back to pic, right click, properties and verify that the file size is less than 150kb.

Great looking pics everyone!

I use IRFANVIEW. Very easy, free download and has a ton of resizing options at the click of a button.

Our son turned one in July. He loves the boat and after about 30 minutes, he always goes to sleep.

Great looking pics everyone!

I use IRFANVIEW. Very easy, free download and has a ton of resizing options at the click of a button.

Our son turned one in July. He loves the boat and after about 30 minutes, he always goes to sleep.

Our son turned one in June, he usually falls asleep after about 10-20 minutes cruising at 10mph, the Monsoon sings a sweet lullaby to him Thumbup.gif

Edit: Wakeup, where's your pics??!!

Edited by nemire12

Here are my two kids. Not very good photos, but they are 7 and 10 in these pictures. They both Kneeboard, wakeboard and ski. They also like to surf with dad!

post-5478-1249575061_thumb.jpg

post-5478-1249575119_thumb.jpg

Edited by trentj6930

post-7655-1249588014_thumb.jpgpost-7655-1249587980_thumb.jpg

THis is Ethan. Just turned 8 and loves to show off. He rides to "this town" from OAR. and any Nickleback. Helmet is manditory. He gets a little pop off both heel side and toe side.

Thanks, it's funny they'll do the most dangerous stuff, but when it comes to boarding with pop's..there terrified, but they love the boat.