Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Show off your kids!!

Ndawg12

1 hour ago, Josh4mc said:

We were getting ready for a day of boating on Sunday and my 3 year old finally said "Daddy, I'm surfing today". We talk about it all the time but I didn't want to push it. The goggles helped with spray in her eyes and made her more comfortable. 

image_zpsgayy4vgf.jpeg

image_zps6jvm2sin.jpeg

I want to get my 1 year old out while we are at Shasta lake in 3 weeks. He is young enough that he is completely fearless so my thought is it will get him used to being behind the boat early. Am I as crazy as my wife says I am?

image_zpspolxxjc9.jpeg

No not crazy, ...ok a little but I was the same way

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Stevo said:

No not crazy, ...ok a little but I was the same way

How's that working out so far? I don't want to traumatize them but I don't want to coddle them either. 

Daughter 9 we had on the back of the boat and on the surfboard with dad at 5 and on the ski trainer at 5-6. She now surfs and wakeboard a on her own 

Son 6 - we had surf with dad 4-5 , ski trainer 4-5 , and now he just wants to wakeboard.

i agree on the don't push it with them if they are uncertain, I don't think my son got behind the boat all of last year. It took a little peer pressure from a few older kids that have him the kick in the but and the confidence he needed.

• Like 2
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 10:26 PM, Josh4mc said:

I want to get my 1 year old out while we are at Shasta lake in 3 weeks. He is young enough that he is completely fearless so my thought is it will get him used to being behind the boat early. Am I as crazy as my wife says I am?

image_zpspolxxjc9.jpeg

Awesome getting your girl out there! No, you are not crazy. You know your abilities and your babies and if you want to try surfing with your little one, do it! My boy was riding a ski trainer at 18 months and tried a wakeboard at 2.5! I just don't push it because I don't want it to backfire. Now he is 3.5 and surfs with me all the time. My daughter (5) is a little more apprehensive. She has surfed with me twice but prefers to ride her ski trainer. Just let them progress at their own pace with just a little pushing here and there :-)

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2016 at 10:26 PM, Josh4mc said:

We were getting ready for a day of boating on Sunday and my 3 year old finally said "Daddy, I'm surfing today". We talk about it all the time but I didn't want to push it. The goggles helped with spray in her eyes and made her more comfortable. 

image_zpsgayy4vgf.jpeg

image_zps6jvm2sin.jpeg

image_zpspolxxjc9.jpeg

You never know what will traumatize them. when my twins tried to ski at 2 y/o neither loved it but one was traumatized and never tried it again while the other waited many years before she tried again, couldnt get up on two so she tried one (I thought I'd be circling her in the boat all day!) but 8 tries and she was up and has never looked back.They both can wakeboard but neither love it. They both surf and both love it. I had them on snow skis at 14 months old and now one is a professional ski Instructor working up to being a heli guide :) the other, the one that was traumatized on water is a great snow boarder. Take away from this is I didn't treat them different but one handled it better than the other so there is no guessing on how any young child will do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...