Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Show off your kids!!

Ndawg12

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I bet you do!  This picture is at my moms cabin on the lake in Sylvan beach about a half click south of Simplots.  I actually lived on the lake on the east side about three houses north of the old saw mill as a kid.  Amazing how much that area has been developed and changed since then.  I used to sneak off and play in the old mills structures.  Can't believe we didn't get hurt...lol.  where's your place?

7 hours ago, bovhica said:

I bet you do!  This picture is at my moms cabin on the lake in Sylvan beach about a half click south of Simplots.  I actually lived on the lake on the east side about three houses north of the old saw mill as a kid.  Amazing how much that area has been developed and changed since then.  I used to sneak off and play in the old mills structures.  Can't believe we didn't get hurt...lol.  where's your place?

We are a little over a mile south of your moms place.  If you know where the first green gate is, we are about even with that.

My family bought the place in 1970 and then sold it in the 90s.  I used to spend a week or more every summer up there.  I can remember going out on the lake looking for logs from the mill, after thunder storms.  My dad bought the place back in 2015.  It is one of the original tiny cottages and is 600 sq feet.  The lot is only 25’ wide but 300’ deep.  

• Like 1

@Michigan boarder Love seeing your kids sports! I believe it was your son I saw a few pages back playing college soccer. I was also a college soccer/basketball player. Brings back some great memories from a few years ago. I try to stay very active in athletics.

And now your daughter playing volleyball bringing back memories of my wife. She was a D1 volleyball player. I watched her through high school and into college and now into our adult league. 

No kids for us yet but seeing your kids sports has me looking forward to watching my kids someday. I just hope I am not THAT dad! :lol:

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, CBray4 said:

@Michigan boarder Love seeing your kids sports! I believe it was your son I saw a few pages back playing college soccer. I was also a college soccer/basketball player. Brings back some great memories from a few years ago. I try to stay very active in athletics.

And now your daughter playing volleyball bringing back memories of my wife. She was a D1 volleyball player. I watched her through high school and into college and now into our adult league. 

No kids for us yet but seeing your kids sports has me looking forward to watching my kids someday. I just hope I am not THAT dad! :lol:

Thanks.  I love watching them, and coached them in all of the rec league stuff which ends in middle school.  It's funny, I can see a play unfolding and stand up and say "goal!" or "yes!" or "there it is!" etc. before the ball is even touched because I know their abilities so well, people around me are like "geez, how do you do that? Can you see the future?"  I am careful to never criticize a ref's call or a coaches decision, which aggravates some people but I tend to spectate like I play and it keeps me happy doing both.

You HAVE to stay active in it.  Indoor soccer, beach volleyball, and show skiing keep me in good shape mentally and physically.  Hanging out with 30 year olds (I'm almost 50) is fun too, getting different perspectives.  Reminds me my gym membership just expired.

2 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

Thanks.  I love watching them, and coached them in all of the rec league stuff which ends in middle school.  It's funny, I can see a play unfolding and stand up and say "goal!" or "yes!" or "there it is!" etc. before the ball is even touched because I know their abilities so well, people around me are like "geez, how do you do that? Can you see the future?"  I am careful to never criticize a ref's call or a coaches decision, which aggravates some people but I tend to spectate like I play and it keeps me happy doing both.

You HAVE to stay active in it.  Indoor soccer, beach volleyball, and show skiing keep me in good shape mentally and physically.  Hanging out with 30 year olds (I'm almost 50) is fun too, getting different perspectives.  Reminds me my gym membership just expired.

I am like you. I watch like I play. Rarely ever talking to the refs. So I am hoping I will have no problem staying away from being THAT dad when those days arrive. 

I am 28 and playing in many different leagues in several different disciplines. My wife plays in some of the leagues with me(indoor volleyball and indoor soccer). Staying in good physical shape is fun but where I get my motivation is the mental side of things. Crossfit is a great mental workout for me. Just no Olympic lifts for my wife and I. 

7 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

The neighbor at the new house across the street just opened a crossfit facility, and I think I'm going to give it a try.

You will immediately regret it! Then you will want more! haha

Crossfit gym memberships are INSANELY expensive. Luckily I don't have to pay for the gym I go to. I also don't have the community aspect that those gyms have. I wish I had that. Being in team sports my whole life I really love a team atmosphere.

My work outs are usually alone or with my wife and I pretty much black out and finish the workout. It sucks so bad but I love it!

On 8/5/2009 at 1:45 PM, Michigan boarder said:

Bingo! I have this Paint Shop Pro 8 program that I'm still learing. Got pics of the kids on the boards from the first run of the season that they made me promise not to share with anyone, as they were a little (lot) stiff.

post-8942-1249494163_thumb.jpg

Time flies!  There she is on the trampoline 10 years ago.

• 1 month later...

Here is a couple of other photos.  It amazes me how high she can get!  Moving forward, jumping upward ,  and a bit inside.  Then she even lands sideways.  Kid is bloody strong.  This is a link to her athlete page on Facebook.  The team events are amazing. 

https://www.facebook.com/Cassidy-Johannesson-Equestrian-Vaulter-522392011426324/

Edited by Malibuzer
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Malibuzer said:

Here is a couple of other photos.  It amazes me how high she can get!  Moving forward jumping upward , forward and a bit inside.  Then she even lands sideways.  Kid is bloody strong.  This is a link to her athlete page on Facebook.  The team events are amazing. 

https://www.facebook.com/Cassidy-Johannesson-Equestrian-Vaulter-522392011426324/

Thant's insane! I don't even let my kids jump on the couch :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Malibuzer said:

My daughter last weekend at her first vaulting competition of the year.  She is already qualified for Jr Worlds in the Netherlands this year.  We have already booked 3 weeks of training in Scotland with the British team.  Then we will go to Ermelo, Netherlands for the championships.  As long as she is still top 3 in Canada we are going.  Currently she is number 1.  They are off to Sacremento, California next week for Pacific Cup.  It is really hard to comprehend how strong these athletes are.

Very cool.  Do you have to take the horse everywhere you go?  I have to think you might win the most expensive kid sport category...can't be cheap!!

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:00 PM, edwin said:

Very cool.  Do you have to take the horse everywhere you go?  I have to think you might win the most expensive kid sport category...can't be cheap!!

The horses go everywhere except when we go to Europe. Several teams out of the USA go all over the world.  If she stays qualified for worlds,  when we are in Scotland there are a couple of horse to try out.   Each  horse moves differently, so the vaulters have to figure out if they can perform  their routine. There are also times where the Horse and Rider just don't get along. The horses have an incredible sense and are able to pick up on the feelings of the vaulter.   if the athlete is tense, then the horse gets tense as well.   This may be her last year as  she is planning on going to University this fall.  

Sorry for the terrible response.  I was on my phone and didn't have my reading glasses!  Getting old sucks!

Edited by Malibuzer
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...