Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lets see your tower

Malibudude

That will be real nice. I love the polished. The yellow paint on mine has faded so I might strip it next winter. Let me know when you get it on and are out I'll hook up with you.

Scott

yep

sounds good, we usually go to keystone.

At this point I'm not sure when I will be able to install it (long story for another time) but I will have pictures whenever she gets done.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2064698900101012689S600x600Q85.jpg

2450613010101012689S600x600Q85.jpg

2350237080101012689S600x600Q85.jpg

Trent - is it the top or the bottom the racks that dont pivot? When i was ordering Ron told me only one set will pivot?

Edited by old skool malibu

Both sets of mine pivot. But the top ones will run into the bimini. I think the actual Malibu speaker shelf may interfere as well. I think the new bot will have fixed racks on the top.

• 2 months later...

G'day, This is my first post on here.. great site by the way! i have come here to learn more about malibu's as im hoping to buy 1 within the next 12 months. my question i have is i love the titan 3 tower more than say the new g3. do you think i am stupid to order a new VLX with a titan 3? i hav spoken to dealers here in australia and they think im crazy doing that becuase resale will be down.. my answer for that is resale is going to be down either way as boats being imported are so cheap these days i cant see how it would make any difference! i also understand the g3 is very functional and alot of people like it but if they wanted it that bad could the towers be swapped by the new owner if i ever sold it? any feedback is much appreciated

G'day, This is my first post on here.. great site by the way! i have come here to learn more about malibu's as im hoping to buy 1 within the next 12 months. my question i have is i love the titan 3 tower more than say the new g3. do you think i am stupid to order a new VLX with a titan 3? i hav spoken to dealers here in australia and they think im crazy doing that becuase resale will be down.. my answer for that is resale is going to be down either way as boats being imported are so cheap these days i cant see how it would make any difference! i also understand the g3 is very functional and alot of people like it but if they wanted it that bad could the towers be swapped by the new owner if i ever sold it? any feedback is much appreciated

The Titan III is great and has more years in use to show its durability. The G3 is supposed to be great, but we'll know more in a couple of years. If the opinions of those on this site are a good representation, the Titan tower won't be viewed negatively at resale. I don't think you'll be able to order a new Malibu with the Titan III tower though.

ok thanks for that.. yeah i figured being able to get it from factory would be a problem but there are a few guys here in aus that do a very close copy so maybe i will just have to put it on later.. the colour was the other thing im not sure of, im thinking of ordering as follows:

colour composition = classic

deck accent 2 = ebony

deck accent = strat blue

deck main = ebony

hull accent = strat blue

hull accent 2 = ebony

what colour tower do you think would look better, powder coat black or the polished silver?

if you go onto the build your own malibu site it might help with the idea of what the boat will look like.

ok thanks for that.. yeah i figured being able to get it from factory would be a problem but there are a few guys here in aus that do a very close copy so maybe i will just have to put it on later.. the colour was the other thing im not sure of, im thinking of ordering as follows:

colour composition = classic

deck accent 2 = ebony

deck accent = strat blue

deck main = ebony

hull accent = strat blue

hull accent 2 = ebony

what colour tower do you think would look better, powder coat black or the polished silver?

if you go onto the build your own malibu site it might help with the idea of what the boat will look like.

If you want the tower to "blend" in more w/ the boat black is the choice. If you want the tower to stand out against the boat chrome is definitely the choice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DSC_0107.jpg

Pair of Wet Sounds Pro80x and pair of Mb8s(somewhat of a party cove setup.. and we're still the loudest boat on the lake), dual board racks. wet sounds tower speakers are fantastic if you have never heard them.. worth every penny.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...