Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lets see your tower

Malibudude

Very nice. I like to see people continue to add little (or sometimes large) things to improve their boats long after the honeymoon period is over. The buyer of my VLX replaced the Illusion X with a G3, & he's totally stoked with it. He sent me pics & it looks fantastic.

• Like 1

Very nice. I like to see people continue to add little (or sometimes large) things to improve their boats long after the honeymoon period is over. The buyer of my VLX replaced the Illusion X with a G3, & he's totally stoked with it. He sent me pics & it looks fantastic.

Ya would love to do that as well but it's just cost prohibitive.

Agree killer mirror Bill.

In their case, they're doing a lot of foiling. A person would have to be out of their mind to hang 2 Sky Skis off of an Illusion, that's just asking for trouble. So it was a good investment & they got something for the Illusion while they could. You guys aren't hanging huge amounts of weight off of your tower, so it would be more of an aesthetic upgrade (at least for the short term, long term may be another story). The argument to get something for that thing while you can though, that's legit for sure.

Thanks guys,

Lookin forward to puttin some hours on it this weekend. Water temps are already in the 70s.

On the PTM Edge mirror..... love it. Great view. One of my buddies has the old Cipa with the 3 mirrors & what a drag it is to look at that now. I never cared for it before (small images on the sides, the gap between each image, etc) & now that I've used the PTM, it just sucks. I am curious to see Cipas new curved wide angle mirror though. And it being like $100 less expensive than the PTM, it sounds like he's going to pull the trigger on it soon.

Bill,

Can you see riders when they are in the flats with that mirror? Even when you have skis in the racks? I have the 3 piece mirror and I can't see the flats for squat with skis or boards in the racks.

Bill,

Can you see riders when they are in the flats with that mirror? Even when you have skis in the racks? I have the 3 piece mirror and I can't see the flats for squat with skis or boards in the racks.

I can! It's crazy! Seeing the rider on the left side of the boat is easy. Takes a little adjusting to be able to see past the tower leg when he's on the right.

The dude who bought my Skier sent me a pic of it the other day. He put surfboard foot padding down as flooring. It looks pretty sweet and he is pumped.

• 3 weeks later...

First post on Bu Crew, all of your towers look great! My family just upgraded from our '88 skier to an 04 Response LXI and I am currently in the market for a new tower for it. The XTP seems to be the go to tower for Responses, but I'm a big barefooter and want to make sure that the tower will not be mounted to the gunwale where the boom sits. Can anybody tell me if this tower will interfere with the boom, or at least how far behind the windshield the tower mounts? Thanks!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have an illusion tower that rattles and makes loud noises. What can I do to silent it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try installing new bushings. That may help. Bakes has them.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...