Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lets see your tower

Malibudude

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has any one heard any feedback on the Monster MTK Tower? I like the look, they had it installed on a malibu on some of the ads but how is the quality?

Had posted some pics couple of weeks ago... put the Bu in the water today, am really happy with the way it turned out.... New board racks and tower speakers:

post-16937-0-77004300-1335731283_thumb.j

post-16937-0-53388900-1335731298_thumb.j

post-16937-0-40249600-1335731323_thumb.j

post-16937-0-66255900-1335731339_thumb.j

Had posted some pics couple of weeks ago... put the Bu in the water today, am really happy with the way it turned out.... New board racks and tower speakers:

Focal speakers. Nice choice. They sound fantastic!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First attempt to load a photo into post... (Nice work Ballast Buddy!)

post-18938-0-19689000-1340838512_thumb.j

Why so small? Tried 5X7 at 100dpi to keep it under 300K limit?

It should lay just behind the front tube. I don't think the cover is big enough to cover all of it. There are straps to tie it down to the front tube and a Velcro one inside to aid in keeping the Bimini wrapped up while you zip up the cover.

It should lay just behind the front tube. I don't think the cover is big enough to cover all of it. There are straps to tie it down to the front tube and a Velcro one inside to aid in keeping the Bimini wrapped up while you zip up the cover.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try before I need to to get the system down.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The top racks are a Malibu / Monster hybrid. I used the factory Malibu spinner racks, removed the forks and made an adapter plate to fit where the forks were. I then attached the Monster tubes to the adapter plate. I currently have the monster slalom ski rack on The starboard side and a kneeboard / wakeboard rack on the port side. I could put other monster forks on there if I want.

Kris

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Big changes on my tower this year. New PTM Edge mirror, above the tower bimini & Exile SQ65s. Got it out this weekend & had a great time. Stereo sounds great, even using the >$20 bluetooth adapter.

Air temps got up to 79. Water temps went from 57 degrees at noon to 61 at late afternoon. Benefit of living on a shallow lake, it warms up FAST!

20130505_144734_zps8c973893.jpg

Oh, and the new AO cooler..... I filled it with beer & ice on Friday. And still had ice cold beer all day Sunday!!

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Bill, if you get a chance, I'd love to see a side shot of your setup. Looks great from there, just curious to see how that bimini looks from the side. I'll bet that it's super functional for not banging your head. ;)

Thanks Levi,

Judging from your old boat, your going to have a nice setup soon enough. Your right, it is a lot of fun. And swapping ideas here is what it's all about. I can't tell you how many of the mods I've done on mine are a direct result of things I've found here. :rockon:

Not to hijack the thread. Bill do you have two different size tires on your trailer the front wheel looks smaller then then rear wheel?

Edited by CumminsBu

Not to hijack the thread. Bill do you have two different size tires on your trailer the front wheel looks smaller then then rear wheel?

I think I see what your seeing. The rear wheel looks like it's sticking out further than the front wheel in the bottom pic. Had me a little worried & I had to go out & check it myself. It's an optical illusion... maybe caused by the fact that their different brand tires. I had a wheel bearing seize last fall & had to have the spindle replaced. It destroyed the tire on that side. So I had them both replaced. The fronts are Pirelli Pzero Nero 235-45ZR17. And the rear are Falken Ziex 235-45ZR17. But they measure out the same diameter & appear to be lined up. The Falkens were less expensive & rated for more miles. Unfortunately their not rated for the 168 mph the Pirellis are. :Doh:

Thanks Tracy,

Accurate covers in Post Falls, ID made it for me. Our local Malibu dealer, Hagadone Marine recommended them to me. The design is based on a bunch of pics I horded over the last couple years, but made to fit the Titan II tower. 8 pins & it comes down. I tow with it up to about 45 mph with no movement at all.

It really makes the interior feel larger.

-Bill