Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What boat trailer Mfg should I get a quote from?

Monk

i had an e-z-loader under my flightcraft and it was a good trailer for 15 years no problem but i love my extreme that is under my rlxi.

or Eagle

X2 for eagle!!! Great trailer,mine is a single axle but tows great at highway speeds and the bu is very easy to load.

Make that 3X for the Eagle. Mine's a single also,..... carrying 20 feet of Echelon.

I too love my Boatmate tandem axle with disc brakes on all fours. However, if you need to back one of the jobs into tight spaces, e.g. if you want to store your boat cockeyed in a two car garage or if you need to ever move it by hand/dolly, you definitely want to get a single axle. A buddy has the exact same boat as me but with the single axle boatmate and it works just fine.

I have a Prestige which is ok. I know you can spend a lot or a little. If you are towing a lot, spend more. I would stick with a manufacturer familiar with Malibu hull designs too. Forget the disc brakes - they are a solution to a problem that nobody knew existed - awful on my last two trailers.

How long are you going to keep it? A Boatmate will look like crap in about 4 years. My previous boat needed a new trailer and I went aluminum from Magic Tilt. Look in the Boat Trader magazine and you'll find a bunch of adds for Aluminum trailers. They look better (can be polished to look like chrome) and last much longer. Prices are competitive too.