Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What boat trailer Mfg should I get a quote from?

Monk

Crew I am looking for a trailer for a 03 21 ft. Sunscape. No idea what trailer mfg to look at. Or what trailer mfg to stay away from. I am wanting a dual axle with a swing-away hitch for sure. Anything else I should add to this trailer? Not looking for a custom trailer just the basic trailer to tow the boat to and from the lake on the weekends, a couple hours in total.

Boatmate
Just shot an email off to them. They are in Maryville TN. This would not be too far from the lake. If I needed to PU a trailer from them.
or Eagle
Just gave them a call also. Anyone have any idea as to what the cost will be for a 21 ft. dual axle trailer? Off the top of you heads.
Too much. :)
Understood! Are there any other sources to find a used trailer, other than the hit and miss of Craiglist and ebay?
Dorsey makes a good trailer as well.
No dealers in my area. Closest OK or AK. I think the freight to OH or TN would start adding up.

I don't make it a regular practice to knock products but I hated my DHM trailer. That being said if money is an issue they are cheap compared to others.

Edited by LS-One

Dealing with BoatMate was easy/good for my previous boat.

I currently have a SMP - Sweetwater Manufacturing Products trailer & it's been fine. I believe SMP is also in the Norris area.

I don't know the prices.

Dealing with BoatMate was easy/good for my previous boat.

I currently have a SMP - Sweetwater Manufacturing Products trailer & it's been fine. I believe SMP is also in the Norris area.

I don't know the prices.

Can not find anything on sweetwater mfg. Is SMP and sweetwater the same Co.

Another one for Boatmate! The trailer has been great and I have had superb customer service from them.

Last year I noticed my chrome wheels were peeling. I spoke with someone at boatmate...can't remember his name. He told me to send him some pics. I did and I swear it was about two days later that I came home to find 4 new wheels on the front porch!

I really like my twin axle Boatmate. It has disk breaks on all 4 wheels. "love that stopping power" I'm a "don't use the brakes until you have to" type of driver and have never had the trailer push me when it was time to stop. "Hey watch out I'm coming thru...."

They are in Maryville TN "just south and east of Knoxville".

You might be able to pick it up at Norris lake. I think my dealer has a location at Norris their phone # is 865-675-3800 Overboard Watersports. Talk to Bret or Chase.

They are great to work with and the closest dealer to the TN factory.

I don't know exactly what the price is but $3500 to 4K sounds about right for a new one. I might be way off though.

Edited by cyoda44
Sorry - it's Sweetwater Metal products - my bad for not looking up before hand.

The only trailer/intenet site I can see is for a pipe dispenser trailer, but they do boat trailers too.

I know I've gotten service/parts for my trailer through NoWake.

OK thanks for the info, I'll give nowake a call to see what the cost would be.
I really like my twin axle Boatmate. It has disk breaks on all 4 wheels. "love that stopping power" I'm a "don't use the brakes until you have to" type of driver and have never had the trailer push me when it was time to stop. "Hey watchout Im coming thru...."

They are in Maryville TN "just south and east of Knoxville".

You might be able to pick it up at Norris lake. I think my dealer has a location at Norris their phone # is 865-675-3800 Overboard Watersports.

They are great to work with and the closest dealer to the TN factory.

Thanks Boatmate emailed me back you can only buy from a Malibu dealer. They do now have any other dealer out there.

Boatmate will require a dealer to buy from and I got a cost last fall to put my RLXI on a tandem with swing away tongue and welded spare tire mount and it was around $5400 list and my dealer would get it for around $4700.

or Eagle

X2 for eagle!!! Great trailer,mine is a single axle but tows great at highway speeds and the bu is very easy to load.