Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to get rid of mice/rats in boats

Any ideas on how to keep mice and rats out of the boat? I've tried traps with peanut butter and that wasnt successful. I dont think they are living in the boat, the boat is in a marina slip at Folsom lake... so I am assuming the mice are coming and going as they please. HELP?????

I had the same problem recently. I am pretty sure they were climbing the straps of my cover when the boat was sitting on my floating boat lift. I have since changed the location of where I strap down the cover to make that impossible. I used four traps with peanut butter. I think I got all three of the mice and then vacummed out the nest which was on top of one of my rear ballest tanks in the rear compartment. (They made a mess of one of my wakeskate shoes Cry.gif )!

Dryer sheets Plus1.gif

Also, sprinkle rose plant dried blood on the cleats and dock around the cleats.

The mice have to cross the lines to get from the dock to the boat I'm guessing...?

jkendallmsce
Any ideas on how to keep mice and rats out of the boat? I've tried traps with peanut butter and that wasnt successful. I dont think they are living in the boat, the boat is in a marina slip at Folsom lake... so I am assuming the mice are coming and going as they please. HELP?????

Get some hungry cats!!

Get some hungry cats!!

I figure that was a joke, trust me, cats are just as bad, I like to keep my boat uncovered during the day to air out. When we're at work my cats get in there and "mark their territory", smells like ammonia, you can clean it and knock the smell down a little but it never completely goes away!!

jkendallmsce

Get some hungry cats!!

I figure that was a joke, trust me, cats are just as bad, I like to keep my boat uncovered during the day to air out. When we're at work my cats get in there and "mark their territory", smells like ammonia, you can clean it and knock the smell down a little but it never completely goes away!!

Yes cats are waay worse. Let the mark your carpet and ripen a little...it'll make your eyes water!!

if you set traps with PB and they aren't taking it I don't know what kind of mice you got.... up north that's all I use in my home and I get a dozen every fall/winter until the whole clan is erradicated. they call them dear mice or field mice up here.

I use a full box of bounce sheets all over the boat, the bilge, etc. smells nice and I haven't yet had any (fingers crossed).

also, pull everything out of the boat and turn up all the cusions. mice love dark, warm and dry places.