Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

20 hour maintenance cost

I just took my boat in to the dealer for the 20 hour service and the bill was over $450. This is my first boat so I'm wondering if this reasonable for this service?

Thanks for any insight.

Last year I was charged $283 Cdn (would be less in USD). That included all the tax we have up here. It was an oil change, filter and the labour for the 20hour check (199 in labour).

Mine's an LXi but I don't know how much different a wakeboard boat would be for that service?!?

Edited by Brian M.
Last year I was charged $283 Cdn (would be less in USD). That included all the tax we have up here. It was an oil change, filter and the labour for the 20hour check (199 in labour).

Mine's an LXi but I don't know how much different a wakeboard boat would be for that service?!?

Thank you

I just took my boat in to the dealer for the 20 hour service and the bill was over $450. This is my first boat so I'm wondering if this reasonable for this service?

Thanks for any insight.

That seems a little high :unsure:

I just had mine done on an 08 LSV. I paid $300. That did not incliude the usual trailer service because when I looked at the checklist it was just a bunch of visual checks.

Way too much, but I've found Malibu dealers will always try to charge as much as possible. I had the dealer do my de-winterization this year (I usually do it but was much too busy this year) and I talked them down from 700 to 450, and they did impeller, oil & filter, tranny & v-drive fluids, Coolant change, engine test, oil trailer bearings, and a overall diagnostic.

I try to do all myself, but if I can't I can always talk them down.

I got hit for $460 too. I wonder where you live. Wonder if it was the same dealer. I've never taken it back for any type of preventative service since then. I couldn't believe it when they told me the total. Freakin' robbery. Especially when you actually do it yourself and see how easy it is to do.

Warranty work, of course I'll take it back, but not for the easy stuff. They wanted $350 for winterization. Took me 1 hour to do it the first time. This year, probably 30 minutes or less.

Impeller took 20 minutes the first time. I'll get that down to 10 next time. Oil change takes less than 30 minutes.

The 20 hr service should include a transmission oil change, shaft alignment, along with the engine oil. I don't have the warrantee book in front of me but maybe someone has one to look up all that should be done.

Edited by cyoda44