Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need new bracket for gas strut on engine hatch

The right-side bracket attached to my engine hatch just snapped at the ball joint where it connects to the gas strut. Is it possible to just buy this bracket? I checked on Bakes and they have the entire strut assembly, but my strut is fine - I just want the bracket. Any one else have this happen to them?

Most any auto parts chain store carries the gas shocks & brackets. Just bring your old one in for comparison.

Hey, thanks for that! Sometimes I assume everything on the 'bu is custom, but some parts are cross application I guess.

In case you haven't found the part yet, I just stumbled upon them here while looking for the gas struts to answer another person's question.

Thanks! Actually, I went down to the auto store and the first place had the gas struts but without brackets. The second place didn't have brackets, but did sell the nipple on a threaded end, so I just picked up a couple and was able to use the existing bracket. $2 fix. Gotta like those when you get them.