Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wedge Cost

jnewton

I am looking at adding a wedge to my 98 malibu sunsetter vlx and was wondering how much people were paying for this install. Just the normal wedge not the hydraulic one.

I am looking at adding a wedge to my 98 malibu sunsetter vlx and was wondering how much people were paying for this install. Just the normal wedge not the hydraulic one.

The cost for the wedge bracket and foil should cost about 1K +/-

I just had the wedge installed on my 98 VLX for ~1000 USD, complete.

FYI, they installed the newer 'V-shaped' unit.

Welcome.gif to the site.

Madmanacrossthewater Good to see you posting more. We injoy your input.

When I was looking at buying a boat with out the wedge and having it installed. They were talking like 1200.

When I was looking at buying a boat with out the wedge and having it installed. They were talking like 1200.

Of course they're gonna quote a little high at purchase. They're trying to get you to take it up front.

For my Sporty they are talking ~$600 for the unit & ~$350 install...so, yeah...right around $1K. :)

Of course they're gonna quote a little high at purchase. They're trying to get you to take it up front.

For my Sporty they are talking ~$600 for the unit & ~$350 install...so, yeah...right around $1K. :)

You talking to UWS?

What were the years that Malibu would not install the wedge on VLX's? Where's LS-1, he knows.

There is a guy on Wakeboarder.com who has the foil for $300. Buy the plate and install it yourself.

What were the years that Malibu would not install the wedge on VLX's? Where's LS-1, he knows.

There is a guy on Wakeboarder.com who has the foil for $300. Buy the plate and install it yourself.

I think it was 01' or 02' model years as that's when they came out w/ the wedge 23.

I think it was 01' or 02' model years as that's when they came out w/ the wedge 23.

I am pretty sure the '96 and some others were in there too. They weren't built up where the plate goes and Malibu wouldn't do retro-fits on them. Not sure but MArk would know.

Jay,

Gimme the details on anyone sellinga wedge if it's a 23.

I'll worry about the mounting plate and install.

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=49256

• 3 years later...
I just had the wedge installed on my 98 VLX for ~1000 USD, complete.

FYI, they installed the newer 'V-shaped' unit.

Welcome.gif to the site.

Madmanacrossthewater Good to see you posting more. We injoy your input.

Anyone know where I can find a standard wedge for my 96 Sunsetter LX? I am in Washington state and I could probably install it myself if it isnt that difficult!

Given the opportunity starting fresh, i would do the floating wedge over the older standard wedge. You will pay more money for it but it will be worth it in the long run.

$800-$1100 depending on boat year/make/model should be a average price. It's a dealer installed option only so you will have to go to a dealer to have it put on.

You can always go in the off season or remove upholstery items (fuel tank on Response)/etc if you are looking for a good deal

-Paul