Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast Drain

I bought a new 2008 VTX this past Spring. Have not used the ballast until this past weekend as my kids were just learning to wakeboard. Anyway, filled all three tanks with no problem but my right tank will not drain. It does drain if the tank overfills but does not when trying to empty. My dealer is several hours away so I would like to try any simple fixes before hauling it back. Any suggestions to make sure it is not an easy fix? Can I manually drain the tank? Thanks for your help.

When you turn on the drain pump can you hear the pump kick on, if no leave the switch on for a while. Does it pop the circuit or anything like that? The only way to manually drain the rear tanks is to remove the floor and disconnect the pump from the tank. If you go this far spin the pumps impellar and it will probably break free again and start working again, but I would still suggest replacing it. Make sure your drain plug is pulled so the water has someplace to go, besides in your bilge, after you disconnect the pump from the ballast tank. Assuming the boat is on the trailer and not in the water of course. Tease2.gif

I think that on the '08 models he doesn't have to pull the whole floor up, I think that they added a little access panel at the rear of each compartment to address that design flaw.

That would be nice and something I am hoping to have done in the near future on my boat

I think that on the '08 models he doesn't have to pull the whole floor up, I think that they added a little access panel at the rear of each compartment to address that design flaw.

That would be nice and something I am hoping to have done in the near future on my boat

I'm looking to do the same thing. I just have to wait for the weather to cool off a bit to start that project.

Word!!!!