Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Round Top Shelters

T-Squared

I am looking into purchasing a Round Top shelter (much like the Shelter Logic brand) for my VRide. It has heavier vinyl and a metal frame, unlike the cheap ones from Sams or Costco.

Does anyone have these installed? How do they hold up in the winter months?

I have a 12' X 24' Shelter Logic tent for my VLX. It is pretty sturdy and stood up no problem to 22" of heavy, wet coastal BC snow last Christmas; the round shape helps it shed snow.

I poured concrete bases for each support hoop, then buried the edge 'flaps' of the main roof tarp in gravel like the rest of the driveway.

Two things about these tents:

1. Make sure you get gable venting; without vents, you'll get some condensation on the inside of the tent.

2. 12' sounds wide, but due to the arch shape and my board racks, getting the boat in is a little tight.

Thanks guys. How close are the racks when you back in? I have Titan spin racks on the lower mounts and didn't even think about them being really close.

I have had a few since buying my bu...the last one was from Shelters of New England...nice guy but most of them are made from the same company in CT. I went to get my first one from them directly...a little more expensive but saved $150 on the shipping. My advice is to get the heavier frame and heavier vinyl...it is almost double the cost but worth it. They can handle a foot of snow but I wouldn't leave it there...I got a "roof-rake" from lowes and it works great. Long story short...I would get one again.

Thanks guys. How close are the racks when you back in? I have Titan spin racks on the lower mounts and didn't even think about them being really close.

You'll be fine with the spinner racks. My racks are fixed and I have ~3-4 inches on each side.