Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

rail road tracks and my LXi....

348tt

I bought a new lakehouse and it has a rail road lift system, I want to put my 'bu on it. There are problems.

Becasue skiboats use "drive on" type trailers, and this is a float on trailer, it'll need mods.

Also, since the 'bu has skegs, I'll need to raise the ski baot adaptor rails up, this may be an issue as well.

Has anyone run into this before?

If so, how did you address it?

Thanks in advance.

The only rail system I ever even heard of was --"Rutat"-- from MBO but no one has seen or heard from him in months.....

Good luck!

Pat

BTW, welcome to the site!!!

i think the way that setup is (most of the mechanics are inside the garage), it is probably less maintainance than a portable lift that has parts underwater or exposed to the elements. just need to keep the track clear and in good shape.

Thanks for the replies everybody!

I realize that in many parts of the country, this system is rare, or even non-existant. Next weekend I'll be free long enough to get out to the lakehouse and I'l snapp a few pics. Until then the link posted is similair, (nicer than mine!). I think I'll most likely have to approach it the same way he did, just float it on with some high tight guides.

I pick up the new boat today! Yahooo! Surprised.gifYahoo.gif