Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carpet Care

I have never been a big "buy a cover to cover the cover" person when it comes to carpet covering. Use it, clean it and when its worn out, replace it, is my motto. So when it comes to the Bu carpet, I have been using it and keeping it clean, but now it is all matted down and not "fluffy" like the bench seat sides. What are the best ways you all know to fluff it up. Carpet cleaning, a stiff rake like we did to the shag in the 70's, or just replace it?

I think the first step is to give it a thorough cleaning with a low foam/gentle carpet cleaning solution. Use an upholstery vacuum (one that shoots the liquid on and sucks it back up). Do this as many times as it takes (until your waste water is close to clear). You'll be amazed by how much grit comes out of it! Some people even use a garden hose and vacuum it up with a shop vac. Let it dry, then vacuum it with a vacuum that has a rotating head. The heavy traffic areas will never look as good as the low traffic or storage areas, but it should be a big improvement. If this doesn't work I'm not sure which direction to head.

Good luck.