Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

power wedge on 09 VLX?

Hi,

I have an 09 VLX with the power wedge and after I have boarded the wedge very often stops going up half way when I am raising it to trailer the boat. It goes down/deploys, but doesn't go up to the stow position. Only way so far that I have been able to raise it if it gets "stuck" has been to accelerate normally with the boat and while running raise it a little bit. Then raise it all the way once she is static. This all seems to have something to do with the autowedge programming. I think but I have not tested to take the autowedge option off and operate the wedge manually to see if the same happens. I think the wedge works fine in manual mode. While runing the boat the wedge operates perfectly only when trying to stow it completelety this happens??? Anybody else have the same problem and how did you fix it? Is there a software update available to cure the issue?

I cannot take the boat to the dealership, since the dealer is in a different country, I service the boat myself.

Thanks!!

not sure i'm understanding the post completely but just wanted to make sure you know when raising the wedge the boat MUST be moving.... like 1 or 2mph on the spedometer... if your malibu cruise current speed reads 0 the wedge wont go up.

if this is not the issue i apologize and i'm sure someone knowledgable will chime in soon.

Best Wishes.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2008 VLX and had 2 issues so far with our Power Wedge.

1) The power wedge actuators broke (left) side and was replaced by Malibu in 2009

2) The Power wedge indicator now inidcates that the power wedge is in the DOWN position but its actually in the up

position. Both Actuators are fine. The power wedge does not go down anymore and I ear a click sound from the dash board as

if the breaker was faulty.

Not sure what to do next to get this fixed

Thanks

Marc

not sure i'm understanding the post completely but just wanted to make sure you know when raising the wedge the boat MUST be moving.... like 1 or 2mph on the spedometer... if your malibu cruise current speed reads 0 the wedge wont go up.

if this is not the issue i apologize and i'm sure someone knowledgable will chime in soon.

Best Wishes.

Sounds to me like you aren't going fast enough to stow the wedge in the up position. You have to be moving between 1-5 mph as a safety feature. You don't have to be moving for the wedge to go down as it's not an issue getting someone's limb caught between the wedge and the platform unless the wedge is going up.

Edited by 06vlx

Best Wishes.

Sounds to me like you aren't going fast enough to stow the wedge in the up position. You have to be moving between 1-5 mph as a safety feature. You don't have to be moving for the wedge to go down as it's not an issue getting someone's limb caught between the wedge and the platform unless the wedge is going up.

Sounds like the control module. There is a defective batch or it could be the wedge sensor? I had similar issues with mine and they replaced the module and reset the sensor on the wedge.

Hi,

I have an 09 VLX with the power wedge and after I have boarded the wedge very often stops going up half way when I am raising it to trailer the boat. It goes down/deploys, but doesn't go up to the stow position. Only way so far that I have been able to raise it if it gets "stuck" has been to accelerate normally with the boat and while running raise it a little bit. Then raise it all the way once she is static. This all seems to have something to do with the autowedge programming. I think but I have not tested to take the autowedge option off and operate the wedge manually to see if the same happens. I think the wedge works fine in manual mode. While runing the boat the wedge operates perfectly only when trying to stow it completelety this happens??? Anybody else have the same problem and how did you fix it? Is there a software update available to cure the issue?

I cannot take the boat to the dealership, since the dealer is in a different country, I service the boat myself.

Thanks!!

Wilhelm- This also happened with our 09 the first day out on the boat. Ours would go up and down between the "deployed" position and the "Max" wedge position but would not stow properly. This was fixed by the dealer, they had to install a new control module for the wedge. Good as new after that and no further issues.

Sports- This too also happened to me a couple of weeks ago while out on Shasta. The wedge was actually moving but not according to the display on Maliview. I verified that is was indeed moving by hanging off the swim platform and physically checking it. I fixed this issue by doing a Wedge calibration in the Maliview menu. I did have to do the procedure 2-3 times for it to take. I am not sure what caused this but am suspect of the battery being totally disconnected the night before. Hope this fixes your issue.

Similar issues with mine. They swapped the computer module and it has been fine as long as I don't use the preset buttons to engage it. If I do it gets stuck and I have to shut the engine down and restart to somehow reset the system and then it's fine again. I just use it manually for each rider now and no issues since. Sometimes technology just doesn't work the way it is meant to unfortunately.

Edited by Coach Mike