Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Damage From A Surfboard?

stacy

I guess we will have to pony up and buy a pad. The surfboard has been gathering dust for 3 years for fear of puncturing the boat after a spastic wipeout. I wasn't sure if it was something that actually happens or my overactive imagination...

Do you leave the pad on full time or remove when not surfing?

Has anyone damaged the back of their boat with a surfboard?

Funny you mention that. I have wiped out a few times and the board missed the boat by inches. I was wondering the same thing.

we had someone fall backwards and shoot the board forward and hit the rear corner of the boat. took a chip about half the size of a dime out of the boat, had it fixed over the winter but it still sucked. And we have a pad!!just missed it.

we had someone fall backwards and shoot the board forward and hit the rear corner of the boat. took a chip about half the size of a dime out of the boat, had it fixed over the winter but it still sucked. And we have a pad!!just missed it.

Anybody got pictures of your boat with the pad?

Funny this subject should come up. I've survived 4 seasons of surfing without anything more than a slight scratch or two to the swim step BUT last night while cleaning up the boat from riding I dropped the surf board inside the boat. The tip of it landed just below the elbow rest (on the vertical face located right under where your elbow would rest) and ripped a small hole in the vinyl. I was shocked by how thin the coating is in this location. It seemed to be no more than 1/32 thick (if that). Anyone know of a good fix for this?

Anybody got pictures of your boat with the pad?

post-5306-1248496762_thumb.jpg

Funny this subject should come up. I've survived 4 seasons of surfing without anything more than a slight scratch or two to the swim step BUT last night while cleaning up the boat from riding I dropped the surf board inside the boat. The tip of it landed just below the elbow rest (on the vertical face located right under where your elbow would rest) and ripped a small hole in the vinyl. I was shocked by how thin the coating is in this location. It seemed to be no more than 1/32 thick (if that). Anyone know of a good fix for this?

Get it professionally fixed, you'd be surprised at how well they can hide something like that.

martinarcher

My buddies GF fell backwards and somehow kicked the board up as it flew off her feet. I looked back to see our new board flying into the boat. The rear of the board smacked hard off the right rear of the boat. I didn't think too much of it and was mainly just glad no one got clocked with a surf board. It did put a small hairline crack in the gel that I didn't notice until we got home and I was cleaning the boat up in the garage. The worse part is the crack is only about 3/4" long, but goes though three different colors of gelcoat. Cry.gif