Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lost a part !

MalibuVLX2007

Just lost one of the metal clamp that hold the bimini top on my tower ( 07 VLX )what appen? ya ya pop off the 3 clip in bottons part that goes in ....and hop droped in the water...question ? can i buy that part ?

MalibuNation
Just lost one of the metal clamp that hold the bimini top on my tower ( 07 VLX )what appen? ya ya pop off the 3 clip in bottons part that goes in ....and hop droped in the water...question ? can i buy that part ?

Most likely the dealer can get this part ... what tower and bimini do you have ... come with the boat or after market?

I did the same thing. While taking down the bimini prior to trailering the boat in strong wind I lost hold of the rear support bar. The rear of the bimini blew forward creating slack in the front of the bimini which allowed one of the two 17 inch support bars that insert into the front of the tower to come lose and fall into 70 ft of water. I was amazed to see my 10 yr old daughter without hesitation dive after the bar to no avail! Anyhow, I ordered a replacement Metcraft part from Bakes Marine (great guys by the way, my local dealer in So Cal is totally inept) but when it showed up it was about 3 inches too short. I apparently have a bimini made by someone else. Does anyone know who else makes the "factory looking" bimini that would have came on a 2006 23 LSV? The part I'm looking for is 17 inches long with a smaller end which inserts into the Illusion tower. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I'm using the boat in 110 degree weather this time of year...