Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Vride quiz

Bill_AirJunky

Met a guy this weekend who just bought the new 21' Vride. And not just any 09, he landed the boat that was in the photos used in the Malibu catalog & website. I guess he noticed a little detail that I never would have seen. Maybe you can......

09vride.jpg

I'll give you a hint.... can you see the thru holes?

He added two old VLX hard tanks in the rear, and about 500 lbs of lead scattered throughout the interior. Over 2000 of ballast on board that boat and a 1235 pushing it around & it threw a helluva wake! The first couple of tricks I threw were over rotated. After I crashed several times I started figuring it out. By the end of the second run, I landed by far the highest tricks I've ever thrown. It was a really fun ride.

Wow, nobody? And I learned all about it from you guys right here.

So the Vride is the discounted boat on an older hull, right? Less stuff. Less bling, etc. One of the things I read that they dropped when they created the Vride from the 05-08 VLX hull was the bow ballast.

Yet Greg found a Vride that has the factory bow ballast in it. It may be the only one ever built. Or it may be something the factory is willing to do in the future????

There are four holes in the bow, which told him there was a bow tank in the boat. He contacted the factory & told them he wanted THAT boat.... and got it.

Wish that was an option when I bought mine. I have to fill a 500lb sac in the bow every time we ride (wake or surf).

.........and easy on the graphic guys! I'd rather have that one than the Barb Wire/Tribal Armband Tatoo graphic. :)

Jk.... all the graphics have to grow on me. The only boat graphics I've ever loved from the get-go were wraps.

Edited by bs001

Also, the boat shown in that picture is probably a leftover 08 VLX that they changed the graphic on. It, not only, has the bow ballast but it has the two (air intake?) holes just under the rub rail in the bow. The VLX's came with that, the 09 Vride didn't. Did it have a 2 or 3 piece sundeck Bill?

This boat has the 3 pc sundeck. I didn't get a chance to notice the air intake...... I think my 05 Vride's air intake is right under the windshield.

It did have some noticeably Vride features, all black rubrail, all black windshield frame, basic glovebox door, basic cupholders, etc. But then it has a billet dash. Not sure how much of that is an option available to anyone.

I guess Greg saw the pics & had already read up on what would be available on the new Vride. He new he like the 05 - 08 VLX so he called the factory & asked to talk about that specific boat.

Oh, and I told him he better lock it up or someone might come by at night and rip that 3rd grade graphic off the boat. He didn't seem to mind. Rockon.gif

Also, the boat shown in that picture is probably a leftover 08 VLX that they changed the graphic on. It, not only, has the bow ballast but it has the two (air intake?) holes just under the rub rail in the bow. The VLX's came with that, the 09 Vride didn't. Did it have a 2 or 3 piece sundeck Bill?

Huh? The only thing I see under the rub rail in the bow besides the ballast drains are docking lights. Those are optional on anything as a dealer install for sure.

Edited by TheBlackPearl

Those are docking lights.

Those are docking lights.

Yeah, I've never had a need for those, or put them on my boats, so I wasn't sure what they were in the picture. About 5 minutes after I posted that, I realized that an air intake probably wouldn't be below the rub rail. :Doh: Figured everyone would set me straight. I'd still bet that boat is a left over VLX........with really nice graphics. :) Nice score for Bill's buddy!

I just took the "WakeSetter" graphics off the side of my hull after 8 years.

I just realized, hey, Malibu isn't paying me to advertise.

Yes,

The hull is slightly yellow where there were no graphics. My boat has always been stored outside with a mooring cover. First 4 years of it's life one side faced the sun, second 4 years of it's life, the other side faced the sun so, nice and even on both sides.

But, honestly, if you didn't know where the graphics were, you wouldn't even notice the lighter color hull under them.

I'd be interested in seeing a before & after shot of the boat to see how it looks. I did the same thing to my Prostar 205 & loved it. And I've removed the MLS decals & modified the graphic on the transom on the Vride. The Wakesetter & tribal decals will go away at some point too.

Yes,

The hull is slightly yellow where there were no graphics. My boat has always been stored outside with a mooring cover. First 4 years of it's life one side faced the sun, second 4 years of it's life, the other side faced the sun so, nice and even on both sides.

But, honestly, if you didn't know where the graphics were, you wouldn't even notice the lighter color hull under them.

A good wetsand would probably even the whole thing out & really make the gel "pop". I agree with Bill, we'd love to see some pics of the boat nekkid. :)

Wish that was an option when I bought mine. I have to fill a 500lb sac in the bow every time we ride (wake or surf).

Talk to your dealer about it. I bought a '08 VLX leftover without bow ballast and my dealer added it. Also, there's a thread floating around were someone added a factory hardtank to their VLX.

Yes,

A good wetsand would probably even the whole thing out & really make the gel "pop". I agree with Bill, we'd love to see some pics of the boat nekkid. :)

Here ya' go.

Circa 2000

post-29-1248832745_thumb.jpg

We both agree that there needs to be something more here. It's too plain. All weekend I had people looking at me like, "What kind of boat is that? A bayliner?"

post-29-1248832842_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pistol Pete

Very nice. Looks like a clean slate ready for something that really grabs you. A partial wrap or some kind of extra large decal would be sweet.

I used to get some pretty stupid comments when I stripped my 205 too. Then again a lot of them called the tower a "roll bar" too. I'm sure the 3' long "Electronic Fuel Injection" decal really set them straight.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
I think just some drip molds would be perfect for that boat. Whether you want it to advertise for Malibu or say "Bite Me" or even "Wicked". Biggrin.gif

Exactly what I was thinking, nothing too over the top, just a classic Malibu decal on each side.

http://www.bakesonline.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=534

Or... you could do something like this.... http://www.mastercraft.com/ ROFL.gif Whatever turns your crank.

Edited by TheBlackPearl