Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast info ??

Baddabboumm

I recently bought my 2009 wakesetter 23 LSV and I also bought a SUMO ballast bags 900lbs.

I'm planning to put it in the left rear storage area.

Do I need to reinforce the floor or the engine separator ?

Sorry for my poor written english but my maternal language is french.

I recently bought my 2009 wakesetter 23 LSV and I also bought a SUMO ballast bags 900lbs.

I'm planning to put it in the left rear storage area.

Do I need to reinforce the floor or the engine separator ?

Sorry for my poor written english but my maternal language is french.

i have successfully operated a 247 for two years with a 750 packed with as much as it will hold in that space with no problem. be sure you fill your stock tank that is below the floor of the locker before you fill your sumo.

i have successfully operated a 247 for two years with a 750 packed with as much as it will hold in that space with no problem. be sure you fill your stock tank that is below the floor of the locker before you fill your sumo.

Tehnically since the stock tank is vented, it doesn't add any extra support when full vs. when it's empty. Think of putting a rock on a ballast bag with the bag still open. It doesn't matter if it's full of air vs.full of water, it's still going to defalte.

That being said most people wont say "It's not a problem" because they don't want to go against what the manufaturer says, but they will tell you that they do it wihout any problems.

Bad,

You can reinforce the top of the tank with a piece of plywood or plastic if you don't want to have the bag shifting up and down on the ballast tank each time you fill/drain