Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

To everyone who has ordered 2010's...

factoryKITTED

What are you paying? Whats MSRP and what are they selling for? If possible please list what boat you ordered and what the MSRP/what you paid. Im selling my 2007 WS 23LSV and wondering the price difference is going to be.

Thanks!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• factoryKITTED

• Bobby Light

• johnsvt

• martinarcher

Who cares and how is it not fair? Whats wrong with listing the MSRP?

There is already a thread regarding posting this info with do's and dont's. Do a search and it should come up and if I remember correctly it was pretty lengthy...

Nothing is wrong with listing MSRP - but you can get that by calling your local dealer.

You were asking for "what are they selling for".

That's quite different.

Whether you agree with the opinion or not - there was a big topic about whether to list msrp vs. actual - and most felt it would do more harm to their important customer-dealer relationship...than it would do good.

As far as selling a 2007 goes. There have been lots of threads on selling too. The only advice that has been consistent through those threads is "brace yourself". You will be very relieved if you paid cash for your boat, or put 35 - 40% down or more if you borrowed. Those are about the only 2 scenarios where you can move the boat without having to pay money to clear a lien.

You'll be able to ask whatever you want of course...

And you might just get lucky - finding a buyer who's not looking to lowball in this market that is so upside down to the buyer's favor - most have never seen anything like it. But more likely than not...brace yourself.

If you are depending on NADA or BukVALU to give you a starting price, actual offers to buy - from folks that have money to close - they are running consistently 33% to 50% below those prices. Banks are more than a little hesitant to lend on a boat...because they are so hard to sell and the prices are dropping so fast. So your prospective buyer will need to either have cash - or 30-50% down to get a loan. Buyers like that are, for the most part, being really patient, waiting for someone who NEEDS to sell, rather than wasting the time of people who kinda'-want-to-sell-but-will-keep-the-boat-if-the-price-is-not-right.

Just what I've heard and read that is happening out there. Nothing more than one guy's opinion based on lots of reading and conversations.

Considering we used to be co-owners in the dealership - i would hope so.

I paid cash for my 07 and am not worried about moving it.

I'm sure your dealer that sold you the 07 is more then willing to work with a repeat customer.
Edited by factoryKITTED

I actually asked both.

Nothing is wrong with listing MSRP - but you can get that by calling your local dealer.

You were asking for "what are they selling for".

That's quite different.

Whether you agree with the opinion or not - there was a big topic about whether to list msrp vs. actual - and most felt it would do more harm to their important customer-dealer relationship...than it would do good.

As far as selling a 2007 goes. There have been lots of threads on selling too. The only advice that has been consistent through those threads is "brace yourself". You will be very relieved if you paid cash for your boat, or put 35 - 40% down or more if you borrowed. Those are about the only 2 scenarios where you can move the boat without having to pay money to clear a lien.

You'll be able to ask whatever you want of course...

And you might just get lucky - finding a buyer who's not looking to lowball in this market that is so upside down to the buyer's favor - most have never seen anything like it. But more likely than not...brace yourself.

If you are depending on NADA or BukVALU to give you a starting price, actual offers to buy - from folks that have money to close - they are running consistently 33% to 50% below those prices. Banks are more than a little hesitant to lend on a boat...because they are so hard to sell and the prices are dropping so fast. So your prospective buyer will need to either have cash - or 30-50% down to get a loan. Buyers like that are, for the most part, being really patient, waiting for someone who NEEDS to sell, rather than wasting the time of people who kinda'-want-to-sell-but-will-keep-the-boat-if-the-price-is-not-right.

Just what I've heard and read that is happening out there. Nothing more than one guy's opinion based on lots of reading and conversations.

I'm sure your dealer that sold you the 07 is more then willing to work with a repeat customer.

So how could you find a better deal if you can already find out dealer cost? They should be giving you the better then bro deal if you ask me.

I would have called my guy but didn't want to leave a voicemail and wait for a call so I decided to post a simple question in hopes of receiving a simple answer.

This is thread is trashed - might as well lock it up mods.

So how could you find a better deal if you can already find out dealer cost? They should be giving you the better then bro deal if you ask me.

You must be confused - i never once said where can i get the best deal or how do I - what i asked was a simple question. Just wondering what they are going for....wow.

Edited by factoryKITTED
What are you paying? Whats MSRP and what are they selling for? If possible please list what boat you ordered and what the MSRP/what you paid. Im selling my 2007 WS 23LSV and wondering the price difference is going to be.

Thanks!!

factory,

I'd like to see some pics of you towing that LSV with your SRT8 Whistling.gifROFL.gif

I honestly dont see the problem with people telling what price they paid.... shouldnt the margins be roughly in the same ballpark for every dealer? I mean the only dealers that should be worried about it are the ones that gave their customers the shaft. IMHO

Thanks!!

factory,

I'd like to see some pics of you towing that LSV with your SRT8 Whistling.gifROFL.gif

How much did your SRT8 cost?

Here we go down this road again....... Some people want to keep what they paid quiet, others dont mind passing on the info. I think posting the info atleast helps give new buyers an idea to go from.

I mean if i was just looking at MSRP i would have ran off fairly quick.

But i will refrain from posting what i paid on my 09 to keep things civil.

How about we get the thread back on track. There is already a lengthy discussion about revealing your cost.

If anyone has and wants to answer the OP's question, speak up.

Thanks!!

factory,

I no longer have the SRT8. I now have a G55 AMG - much better. I will post tow pix soon.

Thanks!!

factory,

I no longer have the SRT8. I now have a G55 AMG - much better. I will post tow pix soon.

Point was how did you tow a 6,000 lb + package with a vehicle that was rated at 3,500# towing capacity?

Thanks!!

factory,

How much did your SRT8 cost?

I paid 41.5k before TT&L for the 2008 Jeep SRT8 back in December of 2007. That $500 bucks over invoice. Truck had group 1 and group 2 - truck MSRP'd for 48-49k

Thanks!!

factory,

Point was how did you tow a 6,000 lb + package with a vehicle that was rated at 3,500# towing capacity?

The same way most of us throw 750 lb surf sacs in a locker thats rated for 75 lbs... Just like most of have about 2500-3500 lbs of weight in the boat when the placard reads 1650 lbs or whatever....

Edited by factoryKITTED

Thanks!!

factory,

The same way most of us throw 750 lb surf sacs in a locker thats rated for 75 lbs... Just like most of have about 2500-3500 lbs of weight in the boat when the placard reads 1650 lbs or whatever....

I have done all of the above.

A tow rating on a car or truck isn't just how much power it has. There is a lot of testing done before that # is determined. Brakes, drivetrain, steering, weight of vehicle vs weight of the load, etc. From what I understood its determined by towing different loads until something gives out.

of course I'm sure they figure out the max tow weight & then subtract 20-30%% and say thats really the max. But if you were towing double the recommended weight you are lucky something bad didn't happen.

Thanks!!

factory,

You're lucky something didn't happen on the road, I highly doubt your insurance would have covered your boat if something happend to it. That goes for your boat insurance and car insurance. At least you got something that can tow now.