Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Driver seat too low

-BS-

I am doing the same project with my boat. I have the seat off and was wondering if you need to remove the square base from the floor in order to remove the bolts... Or can you slide the tracks off the guide somehow??

Here is underneath my seat. I have removed 8 lag screws from the carpeted base, but it is still "stuck". I think there is an elusive 9th screw hidden in the carpet I have yet to find. Should I be trying to remove this base, or is there a trick to release the tracks. I need to insert a longer bolt into the track to handle the higher seat. Any help is appreciated...

Here is underneath my seat. I have removed 8 lag screws from the carpeted base, but it is still "stuck". I think there is an elusive 9th screw hidden in the carpet I have yet to find. Should I be trying to remove this base, or is there a trick to release the tracks. I need to insert a longer bolt into the track to handle the higher seat. Any help is appreciated...

I am raising the seat in my LXI and I am in the same spot. I only found six screws and another member told me he found 12 to 14. I have decided to replace the seat slides as they never worked that well. I plan to grind off the carriage bolts to get the old slides off. I am having a new bracket fabbed up that is 3" tall the new slid is 2" tall so I should get about 5". I mocked it up and it felt great. My wife even supports it as she cant see over the bow when surfing. Ill send pics when I am done in a couple weeks.

If you find a better way to get the carpet square off let me know.

Edited by LXI Silver

Try running a flat blade (long putty knife) or wire (like picture hanging wire) under to find where the screws are.

Try running a flat blade (long putty knife) or wire (like picture hanging wire) under to find where the screws are.

I must really like my response since I posted it twice! :Doh:

Edited by MalibuTime

I am raising the seat in my LXI and I am in the same spot. I only found six screws and another member told me he found 12 to 14. I have decided to replace the seat slides as they never worked that well. I plan to grind off the carriage bolts to get the old slides off. I am having a new bracket fabbed up that is 3" tall the new slid is 2" tall so I should get about 5". I mocked it up and it felt great. My wife even supports it as she cant see over the bow when surfing. Ill send pics when I am done in a couple weeks.

If you find a better way to get the carpet square off let me know.

Yeah, keep digging guys, I want to say there was 4 along the rail sides and 3 along the front and back (14 or so). I like the picture hanging wire idea, that should work.

I'm thinking of making a few of them out of 3/16 aluminum.Just as the factories but taller.I think it would cost about 90. Let me know if your interested.

I'm thinking of making a few of them out of 3/16 aluminum.Just as the factories but taller.I think it would cost about 90. Let me know if your interested.

I have a company that is going to make me one for free. If it doesn't work out, I might take you up on that. If it does, ill post pics because I think a lot of people would buy them.

14 screws in my base :clap::yahoo::thumbup: Now I want to hear more about how to get a surf wake behind an LXI....I have a wedge....

I have an 07 lxi. I put the wedge down and a 750LB fat sac (launch pad) in the back. Throws a great surf wake. Especially if you have a few people in the boat to move to either side.

• 2 months later...

Well you would think an aircraft parts manufacturer could easily make this part for me, not so. What a cluster, just like working with the government. After a lot of headache, I finally had buddy of mine made it in his shop.

The holes aren't drilled yet. I hope to install this weekend and will post some pics of the install when I do. Its 3/8" aluminum. Probably only needs to be 1/4" but its what he had.

post-6829-12745400407_thumb.jpeg

Well you would think an aircraft parts manufacturer could easily make this part for me, not so. What a cluster, just like working with the government. After a lot of headache, I finally had buddy of mine made it in his shop.

The holes aren't drilled yet. I hope to install this weekend and will post some pics of the install when I do. Its 3/8" aluminum. Probably only needs to be 1/4" but its what he had.

Would you be willing to make one with a 4" rise? If so Id be very interested! let me know. I am sure there are a few of us that would be interested.. :whistle:

So I thought I would post the install in case anyone else wants to attempt this.

First I had to remove the carpet block. It had 15 screws in it. I took a photo of the pattern to hopefully save someone else some time in finding all the screws.

Next shows the placement of the bracket (the seat slide is next to it)

The next photo is the new seat slide on the bracket.

Next photo shows the new slide mounted to the bottom of the seat. The placement of the new holes to attach the new seat slide were in a place on the seat bottom where there was 2 layers of plastic with an air space between, so although it works, long term I didn't like those connection points. TO remedy this I am placing an aluminum plate on the bottom that will attach to the seat in the old slide bolt locations (most secure) and then bolt to the new seat slide holes.

Next picture is the finished product.

And one more photo of the finished product.

PM me if you want the contact info of the bracket fabricator or higher res photos. He can make it any height you want.

post-6829-127484389487_thumb.jpg

post-6829-127484409247_thumb.jpg

post-6829-127484412307_thumb.jpg

post-6829-127484447536_thumb.jpg

post-6829-127484449645_thumb.jpg

post-6829-127484451936_thumb.jpg

Edited by LXI Silver