Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I feel like a jerk but dang...

luvtheBU

I'm guessing the issue boils down to limited capacity in the boat. So, if someone gets to be a guest on the boat that day, and they are bumping someone else out of a spot, they should be getting in the water. Because the person that they bumped would love to be boarding, skiing, tubing, instead of just sitting in the boat. If that's the case, I can understand the frustration. If you only have 5 people that want to go that day, then it wouldn't make a difference if anybody gets in or not, because nobody is missing out back on dry land.

Am I reading that right LUV?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luvtheBU

• Baddog

• WakeGirl

• Michigan boarder

Next time she gets in the water unleash that 454 and rip her arms off.

I am going to assume your joking.

She is scared of the engine, I think I am going to have to show PYRO how to get in behind her so she won't be intimidated. ARRGGGG

I have a good friend who only gets in the water to get his beer out. I have asked him countless times if he wants to try something, but he is completely content just chillin in the boat. I don't see what the big deal is that this girl doesn't want to get in the water. I understand the overcrowding issue, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with someone not wanting to get in the water. It might seem crazy to you and me, but then again we are on spending our free time on a boating forum :lol:

Is the real problem here that she won't get in the water or that she is dating your son?

The real problem is the size of my boat, I like to go and not be crowded. Picture this 5 kids in the rear of my boat my husband and my 14 month old on the spotter seat and my other son in the bow cause he weighs less than any of them. Makes for an irritating day, plus have you ever spent a whole day on the water with teens trying to impress girls. My boat is small small it is a open bow echelon and sits about 6 inches off the water when noones in the bow.

I'm guessing the issue boils down to limited capacity in the boat. So, if someone gets to be a guest on the boat that day, and they are bumping someone else out of a spot, they should be getting in the water. Because the person that they bumped would love to be boarding, skiing, tubing, instead of just sitting in the boat. If that's the case, I can understand the frustration. If you only have 5 people that want to go that day, then it wouldn't make a difference if anybody gets in or not, because nobody is missing out back on dry land.

Am I reading that right LUV?

EXACTLY!!!!! Thumbup.gif

She is scared of the engine, I think I am going to have to show PYRO how to get in behind her so she won't be intimidated. ARRGGGG

I have a good friend who only gets in the water to get his beer out. I have asked him countless times if he wants to try something, but he is completely content just chillin in the boat. I don't see what the big deal is that this girl doesn't want to get in the water. I understand the overcrowding issue, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with someone not wanting to get in the water. It might seem crazy to you and me, but then again we are on spending our free time on a boating forum :lol:

Is the real problem here that she won't get in the water or that she is dating your son?

Let me take a stab at this, I think Jetski was on to something:

The problem is that she's probably a prissy little thing that doesn't want to mess up her makeup or hair and is only going out on the boat to be with your son. You on the other hand are down with anything and you're not afraid to get wet or dirty. I bet we have a clash of personalities and you just don't see your son with someone like her!! Honestly, am I close??

THAT TOO, don't get me wrong I am a girly girl too when it's appropriate, I wear makeup on the boat because I don't want to waste time getting it off before we hit the water, the river takes care of that, and I have a very femine side, usually when there is heavy lifting involved, I'm not a complete tomboy, I just don't like lards, she thinks he's her personal ATM, which means we're her personal ATM this chica doesn't even have a job or any hobbies other than my son.

The problem is that she's probably a prissy little thing that doesn't want to mess up her makeup or hair and is only going out on the boat to be with your son. You on the other hand are down with anything and you're not afraid to get wet or dirty. I bet we have a clash of personalities and you just don't see your son with someone like her!! Honestly, am I close??

THAT TOO, don't get me wrong I am a girly girl too when it's appropriate, I wear makeup on the boat because I don't want to waste time getting it off before we hit the water, the river takes care of that, and I have a very femine side, usually when there is heavy lifting involved, I'm not a complete tomboy, I just don't like lards, she thinks he's her personal ATM, which means we're her personal ATM this chica doesn't even have a job or any hobbies other than my son.

Time to lay down the law on that one and cut off the money. IMHO

In the immortal words of wisdom from the great guru Tom Arnold in "True Lies": "Ditch the Biatch!"

1. It's your boat so you make the rules. If your too crowded your too crowded and you need to put your foot down.

2. There is nothing wrong with someone not wanting to get wet and just ride in the boat IF you have enough room.

Plus1.gif

Plus1.gif

My comfort zone stops at around 8 for a quick 1-2 hour trip, and around 6 for an all day trip that includes all the sports (surfing, boarding, tubing, skating) because there's only so much room left when you fill up all that ballast. I'll +1 it if the whole crowd is experienced. I've got a 21' V-Drive without that bit of wrap-around seating along the side behind the driver's seat. Cooler goes there.

I've kicked girlfriends off twice in the last two years to make room for some folks who want to come out and play. They both learned to get out and have a little fun after that.

Joking …. Yes

Effective …….. yes

Everyone that responded and agreed to this crap should get a grip. You're obviously a 250 pound turbo that hates her husbands boy's girlfriend. Any reasonable person ( your husband comes to mind ) knows that when your ride is overcrowded you either send people to the beach to chill with a football and soak in the elements until their turn or accept and deal with the inconvenience like an adult, thats boating and what's more "that's family". Sounds like you're the one ruining everyones experience to me. Some people like getting wet, some don't, should someone that doesn't like water sports be strictened from the water, give me and everyone else on this forum a break. My Grandfather had a boat for 40 years, he pulled me and my siblings around lakes for 20 years, guess what, he hated water sports but loved fishing, you figure it out. If you spent less time worrying about being the "CAPTAIN " and more time being a effective communicator and a mother , you might actually enjoy yourself out there regardless of how many people are on board.

Everyone that responded and agreed to this crap should get a grip. You're obviously a 250 pound turbo that hates her husbands boy's girlfriend. Any reasonable person ( your husband comes to mind ) knows that when your ride is overcrowded you either send people to the beach to chill with a football and soak in the elements until their turn or accept and deal with the inconvenience like an adult, thats boating and what's more "that's family". Sounds like you're the one ruining everyones experience to me. Some people like getting wet, some don't, should someone that doesn't like water sports be strictened from the water, give me and everyone else on this forum a break. My Grandfather had a boat for 40 years, he pulled me and my siblings around lakes for 20 years, guess what, he hated water sports but loved fishing, you figure it out. If you spent less time worrying about being the "CAPTAIN " and more time being a effective communicator and a mother , you might actually enjoy yourself out there regardless of how many people are on board.

Robe 39

You are way out of line here and you know it. Stop it.

WOW I just heard from the first a$$hole on this board. I am probably wasting my time responding to your BS, but unfortunately I can't walk away from a bitter old #@c& such as yourself, seeing how you are drawing a picture of me in your mind as a 250 lb turbo, wow where did you get that from that was brilliant. I guess not all people that own Malibus are as classy as I once thought, there is always the exception to the rule. Thanks for pointing that out! I am the CAPTAIN of this boat and we know how to have fun and COMMUNICATE and like I said in the beginning of my post I AM VENTING!!!! If I didn't know how to have fun I wouldn't have every one of the boys and their friends wanting to hang out with me, so p*ss off jerkoff.

the way i see it...this problem is going to get worse before it gets better..... it won't be long before the baby... (EJ?) knocks you out of that captains chair and demands to drive. 1st the Boat keys, next the keys to the car.... your family and friends are growing too fast for your echelon. i predict a Lake Limo (247) in your future Whistling.gif it's the ONLY logical solution.

the way i see it...this problem is going to get worse before it gets better..... it won't be long before the baby... (EJ?) knocks you out of that captains chair and demands to drive. 1st the Boat keys, next the keys to the car.... your family and friends are growing too fast for your echelon. i predict a Lake Limo (247) in your future Whistling.gif it's the ONLY logical solution.

I let everyone drive the boat and my Burb. I certainly hope before he gets that old though that I am able to talk hubby into the lake limo, you are right it's the only logical solution. Who can argue with logic???? Thumbup.gif

WOW I just heard from the first a$$hole on this board. I am probably wasting my time responding to your BS, but unfortunately I can't walk away from a bitter old #@c& such as yourself, seeing how you are drawing a picture of me in your mind as a 250 lb turbo, wow where did you get that from that was brilliant. I guess not all people that own Malibus are as classy as I once thought, there is always the exception to the rule. Thanks for pointing that out! I am the CAPTAIN of this boat and we know how to have fun and COMMUNICATE and like I said in the beginning of my post I AM VENTING!!!! If I didn't know how to have fun I wouldn't have every one of the boys and their friends wanting to hang out with me, so p*ss off jerkoff.

Let it go.....

I let everyone drive the boat and my Burb. I certainly hope before he gets that old though that I am able to talk hubby into the lake limo, you are right it's the only logical solution. Who can argue with logic???? Thumbup.gif

One thing to keep in mind LTB, you are first a skier and experimenting with the wakeboard. I don't think the Lake Limo is going to provide a happy skiing experience, BICBW. It will deliver a huge wakebaording experience though. Hang tough with the DD.

I think your really lucky to get to spend the time with your kids doing something together- especially with teenage boys! EJ has it made! Your a cool mom. :)

I completely understand having someone on board who doesn't want to get wet, but what I don't understand is how you tolerate someone who comes out and acts like she does. Its a boat. Its fun and games!

Plus, she is young and needs to get over herself, so my suggestion would be just throw her in the water, just make sure her cellphone is safe though hahah!

I dunno, thats exactly what my old man would do. If you want to be sooky and snobby and take up space on the boat then gtfo.

When I say I understand, I mean I understand if I take my mum out and she doesn't want to go for a swim. Thats fine, shes my mother. Haha.

luv the BU

Spell check all your post's please, you've done nothing but embarrass yourself and by extension, your Grade 3 grammar teacher. Your inability to form simple sentences with proper grammar without the use of vulgarities once again speaks to your communication skills and obvious lack of character. Some might suggest lack of class as well to which you claim to hold in high regard. Have you really convinced yourself that all your kid's friends come to the lake to hang out with you?, interesting, and strikingly most common among menopausal women. You would without question be better served venting your personal struggles with Dear Abby or Dr Phil in the future. At the end of the boating day, who am I to judge right. If being the "CAPTAIN" of a 19 foot Echelon signifies your arrival in life, keep "living the dream". Have you ever consider changing your handle from "luv the BU" to "I Hate Myself"?

ps. To quote yourself "bitter old #@c&". Great command of the English language by the way, have a great shift at the truck stop tonight. Im 27. It appears your ability to judge someone's age is about as poor as your ability to solve some of life's simple problems.

all facts are friendly

luv the BU

Spell check all your post's please, you've done nothing but embarrass yourself and by extension, your Grade 3 grammar teacher. Your inability to form simple sentences with proper grammar without the use of vulgarities once again speaks to your communication skills and obvious lack of character. Some might suggest lack of class as well to which you claim to hold in high regard. Have you really convinced yourself that all your kid's friends come to the lake to hang out with you?, interesting, and strikingly most common among menopausal women. You would without question be better served venting your personal struggles with Dear Abby or Dr Phil in the future. At the end of the boating day, who am I to judge right. If being the "CAPTAIN" of a 19 foot Echelon signifies your arrival in life, keep "living the dream". Have you ever consider changing your handle from "luv the BU" to "I Hate Myself"?

ps. To quote yourself "bitter old #@c&". Great command of the English language by the way, have a great shift at the truck stop tonight. Im 27. It appears your ability to judge someone's age is about as poor as your ability to solve some of life's simple problems.

all facts are friendly

You can't be serious. Check your own while you're at it. Your posts are far from perfect.

This is your first & only warning. Any more of this crap from you & you will be banned from this forum. Re-read the TOU if you have to, but personal attacks are prohibited. You agreed to that when you signed up & should have known that. If you can't abide by them, then you won't play here at all. Understood?