Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ski wake on the 23 sunscape

kutchi C

Okay, my family just got our 23 sunscape with the diamond hull, and when we test drove it the ski wake was great for a 23ft v-drive. We wanted a multisport boat because we all wakeboard and only 2 of us skis. Then later when we skied, it felt like hitting a wall of water at 15’ off. We did everything to try to make it different. We later noticed that we were skiing at 32, and when he pulled us we were at 29.

We think this may be the problem. Can anyone shed some light on this??

Okay, my family just got our 23 sunscape with the diamond hull, and when we test drove it the ski wake was great for a 23ft v-drive. We wanted a multisport boat because we all wakeboard and only 2 of us skis. Then later when we skied, it felt like hitting a wall of water at 15’ off. We did everything to try to make it different. We later noticed that we were skiing at 32, and when he pulled us we were at 29.

Not the boat I would choose for any kind of slalom skiing, how many people in the boat?

I skied a shot rope on my V drive at higher speeds. Pick a speed you can live with and drop the rope in pull it up to a good table and give it a try there.

Or you could do what I did Bought a new DD and to he## with the wake boarders. Tease2.gif

we had 3 people plus the skier. the tank was 3/4 full and was probably 1/4 full when we test drove. we haven't been able to try it again at 29.

I have a 23 sunscape, try putting weight in the front and mid. Last weekend I skied at 32 mph with 8 people in the boat and the wake the flattest it's ever been. - No it's not a prostar wake but it's not bad once you figure it out.

the problem really isn't the wake itself but the hump of water that comes up in the middle. how do we fix that?

Look at short rope go in front. or a long rope and get behind it. If you have a sectioned ski rope you can move the length from 75' to 34'

how much gas was in the boat when you tested it vs when you skied also?

Full tank vs. 1/4 full or less makes a huge difference on my boat. OK, even with a full tank it is far batter for skiing than any V-drive, but with less than 1/4 tank and only a driver, plus the first glass of the morning . . . . . perfection.

the problem really isn't the wake itself but the hump of water that comes up in the middle. how do we fix that?

Look at short rope go in front. or a long rope and get behind it. If you have a sectioned ski rope you can move the length from 75' to 34'

I tried going behind it, but there is a trough of water right behind it, and when my ski went over the wake the front went down and catapulted me 7ft. back hurt for 3 days. i'll have to try in front.

I tried going behind it, but there is a trough of water right behind it, and when my ski went over the wake the front went down and catapulted me 7ft. back hurt for 3 days. i'll have to try in front.

Or . . . . . buy a DD.

• 2 weeks later...
how much gas was in the boat when you tested it vs when you skied also?

Full tank vs. 1/4 full or less makes a huge difference on my boat. OK, even with a full tank it is far batter for skiing than any V-drive, but with less than 1/4 tank and only a driver, plus the first glass of the morning . . . . . perfection.

I have the same problem with my sunscape 20. Its my first year with it and just cant seem to find the sweet spot. Crossing the wake sends me airborn. I ski at 15 off normally 32mph. One month into the season I took a bad fall and tore a ligament in my foot so out for 2-6 months doc says but would like to know if adding weight to the front will decrease the bump