Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Can you replace the laces on wakeboard boots?

MalibuNation

MalibuNation

The thing the locks the string in place is like a little gear inside of a shell ... best way to describe it.

It's hard to slide that sucker up and down ... especially when your fingers are soft from the water. After a face plant doesn't help either. Saw Tracice's post on the boots forsale and got me thinking.

The thing the locks the string in place is like a little gear inside of a shell ... best way to describe it.

It's hard to slide that sucker up and down ... especially when your fingers are soft from the water. After a face plant doesn't help either. Saw Tracice's post on the boots forsale and got me thinking.

My Spin bindings had a tear in them in their first year, and Hyperlite warrantied them thru The Edge. I just took 'em there and they did it while I waited. So I'd say call the Edge and run it past them, if not warrantied it's probably quick, easy and cheap.

MalibuNation
03?...time for a new pair

08 leftovers are more comfy...your knees and feet will thank you

Trust me, as bad of a wakeboarder as I am ... they haven't been used much + I'm a cheap B Biggrin.gif

Edit: I did pick up a bigger board with bigger boots for my bigger friends and really like the Ronix Boots.

Edited by MalibuNation

Parachute cord, it works great - very strong (stronger than most of the cord that they use for laces). Get a little clear tubing from a plumbing supply place for the hand-hold. As far as hardware to lock it down, you can check around the pro shops since most have a lot of that kind of stuff laying around. Or give Hyperlite or one of the other big manufacturers a call & see if you can just purchase some. We repaired slider's old Belmonts numerous times, & the last time I did it I re-laced them completely, turning them into a dual zone setup (separate lace zones for the toes & ankles).

The alternative is to check on closeout buys that can be had on a new pair of bindings. I picked up a really nice pair of CWB Answer bindings for slider for a little less than $150 shipped earlier this year. If you don't have to have the latest stuff, you can really score some good deals.

I use all LF stuff, but I call the factory all the time and they send out replacement laces for free, even older stuff out of warranty. Not sure about getting a new cam mechanism, but something to ask.

MalibuNation

Thanks all for replying ... actually the laces are find ... they part I don't like is the locking mechanism (sp) and hoping to get that replaced :)