Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stargazer Problem

Hi all. Wondering if anyone has experience with this Stargazer screen blanking problem. My installation is in a '99 RLX (servo) and as mentioned in the manual, my screen blanks out if the depth finder is hooked up. Absolutely no problem if it is disconnected. Here's what I've done so far with no results...

- Rerouted the display cable away from other wiring.

- Perfect pass has it's own ground direct to battery.

- Perfect pass positive power is connected at the ignition switch.

I'd love to get the depth finder back! Anyone have any other ideas? Could the depth finder be shielded somehow to reduce noise?

Thanks,

Does it just go blank or go black?

1) Call the PP guys - they are GREAT at working on/out problems with installs.

2) Do you have the small black 'adapter' for the main power (I think) coupling? It was about 1.25 x .75 x .25 (close to the size of a thumb drive) There was an issue with power @ start up with a black screen. The adapter came in a bag with my system (May '08) & a separate sheet about a black screen at startup.

Edit: Add date of my system purchase.

Edited by wienrdog
Does it just go blank or go black?

1) Call the PP guys - they are GREAT at working on/out problems with installs.

2) Do you have the small black 'adapter' for the main power (I think) coupling? It was about 1.25 x .75 x .25 (close to the size of a thumb drive) There was an issue with power @ start up with a black screen. The adapter came in a bag with my system (May '08) & a separate sheet about a black screen at startup.

Edit: Add date of my system purchase.

No worries, I'm definitely in touch with PP. That's how I know the culprit is the depth finder. This is a "blank" screen and it is not at startup, but will occur anytime later. With depth finder disconnected there is no problem. The other items in my original post were all suggested by PP.

PP gave one more suggestion to try and that is to disconnect the servo power from the module to see if the interference is coming through that. If it is, then try relocating the servo power cable. I won't get to try until the weekend.

No, there was no adapter shipped with my system (3 weeks ago). I do remember hearing about that, but I think they worked that out and I'm pretty sure this is a different problem anyway.

Any other thoughts?