Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fill Pump Question? Electrical problem...

Need some help. Our bow drain pump, and starboard fill and drain pump to our MLS ballast system all went out at the exact same time. Changed the cartridges, no problem for the drain pumps. However, the starboard fill pump still isn't working.

I know the new pump works (hooked it up to a seperate battery and ran fine), and I know there is no short in the breakers (the light on the dash, plus the drain pump, which is through the same breaker, still work fine). I also know, after hooking up a voltage meter to the wiring leading the fill pump, that no power is getting through those wires, hence the pump not running.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Need some help. Our bow drain pump, and starboard fill and drain pump to our MLS ballast system all went out at the exact same time. Changed the cartridges, no problem for the drain pumps. However, the starboard fill pump still isn't working.

I know the new pump works (hooked it up to a seperate battery and ran fine), and I know there is no short in the breakers (the light on the dash, plus the drain pump, which is through the same breaker, still work fine). I also know, after hooking up a voltage meter to the wiring leading the fill pump, that no power is getting through those wires, hence the pump not running.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Trace the wire down to the source and see if there is power there, You may not have power coming out of your switch. If you have power coming out of the switch and it doesnt make it to the pump then you have a break somewhere. replace the wire.

Do the pumps have individual fuses? I think they do if you have mux switches. You might try checking all the fuses.

We have checked all the fuses, so that isn't the problem.

TX, when you say "the source", does that mean I should trace the wire back to the fuses, or to the ballast switch that fills and drains that sack?

Thanks...

Do the pumps have individual fuses? I think they do if you have mux switches. You might try checking all the fuses.

We have checked all the fuses, so that isn't the problem.

TX, when you say "the source", does that mean I should trace the wire back to the fuses, or to the ballast switch that fills and drains that sack?

Thanks...

The source of power.... yes trace the wire back to the power connection point. Just start at the pump and go back to the end of the wire. check voltage at every connection. If you do not have power keep going back.

It could also be a bad ground. You could run a test wire to the pump ground from the battery. If you have positive voltage and no ground to complete the circuit it will not work.

Edited by cyoda44