Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ski Handle Protector

NAM75

I had never seen these, but I was contemplating making some the other day, after hearing about the second time a skier's head went throught it. Glad to hear they are available, and I'd recommend anyone skiing aggressively to get one. If I was still skiing the course I wouldn't ski without one.

Peter

I'm also using the Arm Guard brand protector and I highly recommend it. Very well made product, basically invisible in use (you won't even know it's there), instalation instructions are clear and well written. Skied with a buddy this morning (using his rope and handle) and felt naked without it. Like GT said, way more than a couple of deaths in the past couple of years due to head-through-handle accidents that don't have to happen and are now simple to avoid. I think the Arm Guard goes for $55 each but considering that I've had two arm-through-handle incidents over the years the peace of mind for me is truly priceless.

Ed

This is my second season using the Arm Guard...no issues at all. There hasn't been a single set run behind my boat this season without a guard on the handle.

Edited by edwin

Plus1.gif

This is my second season with arm guards on both my primary handles. Not a single issue - other than occasionally having to replace a zip tie...

I've been using Arm-Guards for 2 seasons. Don't even know they are there. It is absolutely NOT worth the injury if it can be prevented with these.

There has been a lot of discussion about DIY guards, etc. IMO it is not worth the time or risk if someone like TW has already figured it out. Just buy one!

There has been a lot more than 2 and if you count the arms through the handle the number is impressive. We "life-choppered" somebody off our lake 2 weeks ago for that.

I'm sure there has been GT. Sadly, neither of the two I am aware of made it.

Peter