Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Beeping due to high water ??

Malibu Stevie

HI all. I am new to the site and to Malibu. Just bought a '99 sunsetter lxi today, and on the test run learned that there are THREE drain plugs, and the one in the front ski locker was out. We took on quite a bit of water in the locker and the engine compartment. The fuse popped on the bilge pump. To make a long story short, no major problems, boat is fine now, but the under dash beeper started sometime during the drive, and now it won't stop. Bilge is drained and the plugs are in. Is the beeping related to the water? Any way to reset it or any other thoughts on what it could be? Thanks in advance. This site looks great.

HI all. I am new to the site and to Malibu. Just bought a '99 sunsetter lxi today, and on the test run learned that there are THREE drain plugs, and the one in the front ski locker was out. We took on quite a bit of water in the locker and the engine compartment. The fuse popped on the bilge pump. To make a long story short, no major problems, boat is fine now, but the under dash beeper started sometime during the drive, and now it won't stop. Bilge is drained and the plugs are in. Is the beeping related to the water? Any way to reset it or any other thoughts on what it could be? Thanks in advance. This site looks great.

Not sure what alarms your boat is equiped with but mine has two. One is an engine problem warning that beeps for low oil pressure and engine over temp. It is loud and very annoying. The other is the shallow water alarm (not as loud). Does your boat have a water depth indicator? If so the alarm will beep when you get in water that is more shallow then it's preset set point. This is adjustable. I have mine set at 5 feet. I'm guessing that is the alarm that is tripping in yours. Once it is activated you have to hit the reset switch to turn it off.

Not sure what alarms your boat is equiped with but mine has two. One is an engine problem warning that beeps for low oil pressure and engine over temp. It is loud and very annoying. The other is the shallow water alarm (not as loud). Does your boat have a water depth indicator? If so the alarm will beep when you get in water that is more shallow then it's preset set point. This is adjustable. I have mine set at 5 feet. I'm guessing that is the alarm that is tripping in yours. Once it is activated you have to hit the reset switch to turn it off.

Thanks for the help ! You were right on, it was the depth gauge. I put it in a clean lake, reset the alarm, and it is all good. Thanks again.

if its the same depth alarm as mine (lowrance 3000), it will have a DEEP water alarm too, so check the setting on that too, so you aren't surpised some day.