Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boaters Safety Course

hookblade

Hey there fellow malibu's,

The wife and I took the test today and I got 3 and wife had 7 wrong out of 50 questions. I found there were a few trick questions but other than that it was pretty much what was in the boating manual. CT allows 10 wrong for 50 so, we passed. Yea! How did you do?

I've never taken it. My 10 year old took it last year and got 49/50. I asked him what question he missed. It was "How old do you have to be to operate a PWC?"

So I asked him what the age was, and he said "Not 12" I was ROFL.

I got a perfect score, but that was in part due to the teacher's strong desire that we leave the class truly knowing all the material on the test, so the ability to ask questions and get very leading answers during the test was highly encouraged and well used.

This is my break down on cost

$55 one book for my son and I

-$14 for both of us to fill out a survey

-$16 a yr on boat Ins for taking the class

$25 total cost for the first yr and after 2 yrs I'll be making money.

Plus my son has a better under standing of boater safety and the rules of the water.

This is my break down on cost

$55 one book for my son and I

-$14 for both of us to fill out a survey

-$16 a yr on boat Ins for taking the class

$25 total cost for the first yr and after 2 yrs I'll be making money.

Plus my son has a better under standing of boater safety and the rules of the water.

Did you learn anything new?

I have been boating since I was 8 and I was surprised at the couple of new and valuable things I still took away from the class.

I learned if you are anchered up, all the crew has been drinking and will blowing over 0.08 and the cops come over for a safety. Don't pull your ancher up because then you are an under way vessel and will sighted for BUI.

In Ca if you receive a BUI it no longer will go on your drivers license.

How to do a few more knots.

The one big thing that I will now have to do is if a cop has his blue lights on, there is a 100 ft or yd. no wake zone around them. What they do on the delta is have one person do a safety inspection and when the first person go's by to fast the second cop will write them a ticket. This kind of thing could go on all day.

Hookblade,

Boater's Safety Course!??!?! What's that?

Sincerely,

Every PWC operator

Ya thats rite, the class you took to get your license.