Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cover for 23 LSV

I've got a new 23 LSV that came with a "trailerable" cover from Malibu. It works fine when protecting the boat on the lift even in high winds. But when I trailer the boat, the cover slips up over the rub rail on one or both sides. I have it ratcheted down as tight as I can get it but it won't stay below the rub rail. It looks to me that the cover is too small. To get it below the rub rail on one side it is sitting on the rub rail on the other.

Any ideas???

I've got a new 23 LSV that came with a "trailerable" cover from Malibu. It works fine when protecting the boat on the lift even in high winds. But when I trailer the boat, the cover slips up over the rub rail on one or both sides. I have it ratcheted down as tight as I can get it but it won't stay below the rub rail. It looks to me that the cover is too small. To get it below the rub rail on one side it is sitting on the rub rail on the other.

Any ideas???

Get a new cover if you care about your gelcoat. The covers supplied by malibu are mooring covers not towing covers. I'd recommend a cover from Cory over at Evolution Covers. He specializes in Malibu covers.

Ill agree that it seems a little to small. I learned when it rained once that the pole inside didnt hold my cover up high enough to prevent pooling of the water and once there was a little weight it pulled the cover over the rub rail on one side and sank down.... That was fun to bucket out in the pouring rain. Now i just stick the pole on top of two bricks....

Any ideas???

Get a new cover if you care about your gelcoat. The covers supplied by malibu are mooring covers not towing covers. I'd recommend a cover from Cory over at Evolution Covers. He specializes in Malibu covers.

With the evolution covers do you have to put the poles in that cover when it rains??

Edited by masterdinh

Any ideas???

With the evolution covers do you have to put the poles in that cover when it rains??

Nope no poles ever again.

Any ideas???

Ahhhhh sooky sooky.... I am gettin me an evolution cover!!!! Be cool if it said malibu boats in the front of the cover though.

Any ideas???

Ahhhhh sooky sooky.... I am gettin me an evolution cover!!!! Be cool if it said malibu boats in the front of the cover though.

No worries you're still riding the brand, your boat has it plastered all over it. There's no mistaking what's under the cover no need to worry there. You will love the Evolution cover, I helped him pattern my boat so you will get an awesome cover Whistling.gif .

Rained just a little today, polls in. Still had big puddles.... I am sick of it. I am ordering my cover tomorrow.

Heres my funny story about bucketing out water in the rain (my buddy was in tears when I told him about this the next day)

I had a 95' wellcraft (great boat btw) that sat fairly high on the trailer (rub rail was chest height and I'm 6'3"). It was raining really hard one night and the cover was filling up with water in the front and back of the boat. It was pretty much pitch black in my back yard...just a little light from my patio. I came up with an idea. I took a small bucket and scooped all the water out of the bow, figuring I would then pull the cover off the bow and jump in the boat. My plan was to crawl under the window and push up on cover in the rear to make it spill overboard.

I removed the cover from the bow and grabbed an old rickety green plastic chair that had been sitting (rotting) in my back yard since before I bought the house. I positioned the chair and hopped up on it. With 2 hands on the bow rail I flipped one leg over the rail (then removed one hand and put it on the rail outside of my leg so I could step up with the other leg). So now I'm soaked, in near total darkness, half way on the boat "CRACK" my other foot breaks through the chair. My leg is now stuck in the chair and I cant wiggle it off. I'm hanging upside down with one foot still kinda in the boat and the other still about a foot off the ground with a jagged chair stuck on it. I had to stop and laugh at the stupid predicament I put myself in. The only thing I could do was let go with one hand which caused a half flip and a hard landing on my side in my gravel. I removed the friggin chair from my leg and decided to syphon the rest of the water out!

I built a sturdy PVC pole for the cover the next day!!!!

We must be brothers from different mothers. I do stuff like that all the time. I also have a tendency to laugh right before the part that hurts.

I purchased the evolution cover last fall and it works great. We trailer it 130 miles oneway to the cabin every few weeks and have had no problems. It also held up well in the MN winter. We removed snow after each storm, and had no issues with it. Thumbup.gif