Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1991 Euro F3 Skier (Decent wake or not?)

jes77jes

Hey Guys,

Thanks for looking. I'm thinking about a 1991 19.5' F3 Euro. Anyone know if this boat could throw out a decent wake for wakeboarding?

Thanks alot

It's a skiboat optimized for not throwing a wake. I'd keep looking unless that's all the scratch you can come up with.

martinarcher
Hey Guys,

Thanks for looking. I'm thinking about a 1991 19.5' F3 Euro. Anyone know if this boat could throw out a decent wake for wakeboarding?

Thanks alot

I'm in the same boat. We run about 1000lbs of ballast in the boat and it throws a decent wake. I have a buddy who lands backrolls behind my boat without any issue. We like how steep and rampy the wake is. I'm sure a ride behind a Wakesetter would have me jealous, but for the money I paid versus the fun we have in it is pretty hard to beat! I know one thing - the slalom wake rocks if you only have a few in the boat. Rockon.gif

Here's a couple pics....

post-7666-1247958398_thumb.jpg

post-7666-1247958407_thumb.jpg

Edited by martinarcher

Thanks for the pics and info. Are those pictures shown with 1000lbs of ballast?

Does anyone have any other ideas for affordable boats (under $10k) that will have a good wake for wakeboarding.

Thanks

martinarcher

Yeah - That's with a Fly high V-Drive sac on either side of the motor. If you throw them on the left rear of the boat you can make a surf wake. We also add a bit of weight under the bow while surfing if need be. Here's a pic of the surf wake. That's my buddy who is a giant (6'5"). :) I can easily surf ropeless. Rockon.gif

post-7666-1247969626_thumb.jpg

post-7666-1247969635_thumb.jpg

How good are you?

That will be the big factor if you ask me.

My son jumps wake to wake and does all kind of stuff while in the air. Purpose built wakeboard boats have not been around long enough to be 10K boats. So unless you overshoot your budget...you probably won't get a diehard wakeboarders wake.

With that said...unless you have been behind a wakeboard boat and need that kind of wake...doesn't matter.

If you can do $10k without borrowing...I think you are way smarter than spending substantially more and having a boat payment and a little bit lippier wake.

Edited by JeffS

10K is way to much money for an F1 btw. I would be looking to pay 5500-7000. I just bought a really nice low hour 95 Response for 8.

I agree with the previous poster. Unless you are a big dog on the wake, you will pay quadruple the money for a bigger wake that you may not be able to take advantage of anyway.

And my 93 (the all-fiberglass-year-of-the-EuroF3) was just over $7k in very good condition with 327 hours.

Cash is king. If you have it - you have all the kings.

The 90's Euro's - especially with the upgraded engine - they were worth $10k - $11k about 18 months ago. Now...as with pretty much all boats...subtract 33% from their 18-month-ago-price. Not all sellers will sell for that price - but the boats that ARE selling - that's how buyers with cash do their math. NADA and BukVALU are irrelevant. Sellers wish they weren't - but they are. Buyers set the price - and if no movement from the seller, just move on to one of the other thousands of sellers out there.

Good luck! :-)

The Euro F3 is under 7k.

How about a 1991 Sunsetter in that same range? Is that a better wake?

I'm not any pro, but if I can find something close to that range that would be better for wakeboarding I'd rather buy it rather than getting something I want to get rid of a short time later. I would just think there are some of the older boats that put out better wakes than others.

Thanks alot for the help guys.

I have a 88 Skier and I would have to say that in these older boats. The wake is going to be as good as you can make it. As previous posters said these boats were not designed for large wakes... Either way you are going to have to build your own wake and on my skier I can get a pretty solid wake with a couple sacks and we are definitely hitting some wake to wake jumps so its kinda on you for the wake quality,... not the boat when you are in an older sk boat... just my 2 cents

Hey Guys,

I ended up buying a 91 Sunsetter and it's a total blast. She definitley needs new interior but runs good. The wake is a nice size and the I didn't have to brake the bank to get it. Thanks again for all the help.

Edited by jes77jes
Hey Guys, I ended up buying a 91 Sunsetter and it's a total blast. She definitley needs new interior but runs good. The wake is a nice size and the I didn't have to brake the bank to get it. Thanks again for all the help.

NICE!! Congrats. And very wisely done if you ask me. That's not what the fokks from the mfr's (who I am certain monitor the forums) want to hear. But Great job not borrowing , protecting your cash, And still able to do 90 percent of what a similar new bot can do for 5 to 8 times the dollars.

martinarcher
Hey Guys, I ended up buying a 91 Sunsetter and it's a total blast. She definitley needs new interior but runs good. The wake is a nice size and the I didn't have to brake the bank to get it. Thanks again for all the help.

NICE!! Congrats. And very wisely done if you ask me. That's not what the fokks from the mfr's (who I am certain monitor the forums) want to hear. But Great job not borrowing , protecting your cash, And still able to do 90 percent of what a similar new bot can do for 5 to 8 times the dollars.

Plus1.gif Congrats on the new ride. You'll have to post up some pics of it. If you are interested in re-doing the interior, search for posts about Chee. He does factory replacement interior skins for great prices. The pics I've seen of his work look fantastic.

I'm guessing the factory folks will be OK with this because they now have a potential new customer down the road.

Hey Guys,

I ended up buying a 91 Sunsetter and it's a total blast. She definitley needs new interior but runs good. The wake is a nice size and the I didn't have to brake the bank to get it. Thanks again for all the help.

jes77,

i have an 89 Sunsetter and love it! Never put a wrench to it yet...knock on wood.

good move on not going into debt.

if you want some interior ideas, you should search this forum for a guy named rugger. he did an awesome restore to the interior of an 87 sunsetter.

have fun; being out on the water is what's important!

CR