Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My First Malibu

InvisibleMask

I've had this about 2 months now and its well over 20 hours already. Is that a lot?

Here's a couple pics of my new malibu. Its actually a 2008 but it was new.

I can honestly say, so far its been worth every penny.

Yeah, it does fit in this garage believe it or not.

mal1.jpg

mal2.jpg

Thanks for the compliments !

My garage opening is under 7' by about 2-3 inches. I have about 2 inches to spare when backing it in.

Its a 7' opening but the door hangs down some and the rubber on the door so I lose a couple inches there. I could re-adjust the opener so the door goes all the way up but the boat fits so why bother.

So I would say the boat would fit in a garage opening of 7foot 8 inches (without any lube) Biggrin.gif

Its a 25' deep garage so it fits fine length wise.

Unbolting the loop on the tower kind of sucks but the bimini is the thing I hate dealing with the most but I only do it all 2-3 times per month. 15 minutes of my time , no big deal I guess, unless its 115 degrees which it always seems to be !

Funny thing about boats: You pay all that money to buy one, you might as well use the heck out of it. you didn't buy it to not put many hours on did you?

I can't believe how many people pay a boatload (sorry) of money for the boat and then a huge amount for the slip and then use it 2-3 per season.

My boat gets used as sften as possible and it's even OK to get it wet on the inside. it's a boat.

Food however, does not get consumed in my baby, gotta draw the line somewhere.

Thanks for the compliments !

My garage opening is under 7' by about 2-3 inches. I have about 2 inches to spare when backing it in.

Its a 7' opening but the door hangs down some and the rubber on the door so I lose a couple inches there. I could re-adjust the opener so the door goes all the way up but the boat fits so why bother.

So I would say the boat would fit in a garage opening of 7foot 8 inches (without any lube) Biggrin.gif

Its a 25' deep garage so it fits fine length wise.

Unbolting the loop on the tower kind of sucks but the bimini is the thing I hate dealing with the most but I only do it all 2-3 times per month. 15 minutes of my time , no big deal I guess, unless its 115 degrees which it always seems to be !

Did you mean 6' 8"?

That's crazy! I've got a 7' opening garage door too and there's no way in heck I can get my 06 VLX in there. I'm about 3-4 inches too tall. What trailer do you have? Any mods to the trailer?

Just curious...are you in AZ? There's not too many places where it's 115'F on a regular basis. LOL

That pic with the boat in the water looks like Bartlett Lake.

That is a cool looking boat, looks like the family is enjoying it too. Way to go! 20hrs? Dont forget to do the 1st service on it. I did my first service at 20 hrs as the service department recomended. Enjoy the summer, I know we will.

Did you mean 6' 8"?

That's crazy! I've got a 7' opening garage door too and there's no way in heck I can get my 06 VLX in there. I'm about 3-4 inches too tall. What trailer do you have? Any mods to the trailer?

Yeah, I meant 6'8". Its a 7' opening.

I made sure that it would fit before I bought the boat. I was told Malibu designed them to to fit under a 7' door when the tower collapsed.

My tower folds below the windshield though so the highest point is the windshield. Does your 06 VLX do that? I wasn't sure if they all did that or just 08's and newer. Not sure why I had that impression.

Did you mean 6' 8"?

Yeah, I meant 6'8". Its a 7' opening.

I made sure that it would fit before I bought the boat. I was told Malibu designed them to to fit under a 7' door when the tower collapsed.

My tower folds below the windshield though so the highest point is the windshield. Does your 06 VLX do that? I wasn't sure if they all did that or just 08's and newer. Not sure why I had that impression.

Unfortunately, my Illusion X tower does not fold down below the windshield. I wish it did...it would save me some storage money every month! Ahh well...

Just curious...are you in AZ? There's not too many places where it's 115'F on a regular basis. LOL

That pic with the boat in the water looks like Bartlett Lake.

Thats in Havasu. I think right now its 120 degrees but I don't live there. I've been there when it was 125 degrees and it felt like hell. Even the water gets hot!

And at night it maybe gets 5-8 degrees cooler. Dontknow.gif

I'm glad to hear others put on 20 hours or more in 2 months. I see people out there that launch their boat and then park it or anchor it all day long.

Not sure if they don't want to burn gas or put on hours but we are always going. Each time out I burn 1/2 tank of gas at minimum.

Now that I just bought a wake surfboard its only going to get worse !

Does anyone know what a 20 hour service involves?

I got the dealer to throw in the 1st one free but that means I have to tow it back to Calif and then leave it here until my next trip out. Not sure if its worth doing that if i can find a boat shop in AZ that will do the service just as good. Or maybe its best to take it to a Malibu dealer???

My sales guy said 20 hours is recommended but your ok up to 40 hours. There's a 20 hour window supposedly.

We have about 52 hrs on our boat in less than two months, that's even going with other people twice not using ours since then already. Great looking boat Thumbup.gif , use the heck out of it and enjoy. You have no hr limit warranty so make sure you get your money's worth :)

I'm glad to hear others put on 20 hours or more in 2 months. I see people out there that launch their boat and then park it or anchor it all day long.

Not sure if they don't want to burn gas or put on hours but we are always going. Each time out I burn 1/2 tank of gas at minimum.

I got the dealer to throw in the 1st one free but that means I have to tow it back to Calif and then leave it here until my next trip out. Not sure if its worth doing that if i can find a boat shop in AZ that will do the service just as good. Or maybe its best to take it to a Malibu dealer???

My sales guy said 20 hours is recommended but your ok up to 40 hours. There's a 20 hour window supposedly.

Paradise Watersports of AZ is an authorized Bu dealer. They will take good care of you. Good group of guys down there.

They are in Tempe though, I'm not sure where you're at.

I talked to Paradise this morning and they were very cool. I have an older boat with a mercruiser and since they are married to Indmar they were totally upfront and said they didn't have much merc stuff and pointed me to a competitor. He was polite and said of course I want you to come to my store and spend money, but he was honest and upfront which IMO is the best way to get me to come in and spend money.

That is a beautiful boat. I absolutely love those colors. I like how everyone got in the water to check it out. Is that your little one pointing to the new boat? Enjoy the heck out of it.

I hate people that buy expensive toys and then roost them up on some boat lift next to jet skiis, a pontoon and whatever else they have on their riverfront property but you never see them actually go boating, I would know I;m out there all the time. I am on the water as soon as I feed my baby around 7:00pm and we get off the river at 9:45pm almost every day. Heck I have burned thru 2 and a half tanks of gas on my little BU with a 454 already and I've only had her since the 22nd of June and I had to wait a couple days before I could put her on the water. I am always proud to say how many hours I have on my boat, course I can't now because the stupid computron is having one of his hissy fits right now. Ranting.gif So I go off tanks of gas. ;)

Congratulations.

Paradise Watersports of AZ is an authorized Bu dealer. They will take good care of you. Good group of guys down there.

They are in Tempe though, I'm not sure where you're at.

Paradise does great work on MasterCraft's too Yahoo.gif just saying Whistling.gif

Lovely boat and colours.

My boat has 6 month and 400 hours on the engine. Those engines lasts 4000 hours.

Enjoy your Bu.

Luciano from argentina.

First off, good looking boat. I really like the orange color scheme lately.

For service there are a couple of different Indmar certified guys in Havasu.

Rich @ Lakeland Marine told me he is authorized as a Malibu Warranty Service Center.

Chris @ JC Marine is in Indmar ceritified as well.

I know both of these guys and they do top notch work.