Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another Computron question

My computron was working fine but the other day I was trying to be efficient so I went home a little early and got the boat all ready to go so all we had to do was load everyone in it and hit the river, I took the cover off and wouldn't ya know it we had a torrential downpour. After that it took like 4 days for my depth meter to start working again and now my engine hours reads 8 hours. I reread the manual and it doesn't say anything about this. Has anyone ever had issues with the engine hour meter doing this?

My computron was working fine but the other day I was trying to be efficient so I went home a little early and got the boat all ready to go so all we had to do was load everyone in it and hit the river, I took the cover off and wouldn't ya know it we had a torrential downpour. After that it took like 4 days for my depth meter to start working again and now my engine hours reads 8 hours. I reread the manual and it doesn't say anything about this. Has anyone ever had issues with the engine hour meter doing this?

Welcome to the world of computron! I have it too, and you may already know, the components are obsolete and cannot be replaced. You are lucky with the depth meter, that is one of the first things to go. There are a lot of topics on the engine hours issue in the forums, do a search on computron at the main page and you'll find them. But, I think you are out of luck with the hours. My computron was hardly working at all, and I had to remove and dissasemble the LED display and disect and re-install chips to get it working. I also had to disconnect, clean and reconnect most of the stuff under the dash. The guy I bought it from left it uncovered a lot. Then summer came and I stopped working on it and started using it, and I still do not have depth or sea temp (winter project). And the clock keeps poor time. So my point is do not expect much from that system, it will be finicky and will get frustrating if you let it.

Will a tech be able to pull the engine hours off the ECM on the engine? Can I reinstall an engine hour reader?

Will a tech be able to pull the engine hours off the ECM on the engine? Can I reinstall an engine hour reader?

I'm learning this stuff as I go, but I'd say yes on both counts.

Yes the Hours can be Pulled off the ECM pretty easily...Its just a Delphi ECM... take it to the chevy dealership.... lol no j/k....take it to a malibu tech.

I guess i'm lucky the worst problem i have with my Computron is having to reset the "Custom Built For......" message every now and then. (of course now the whole thing will fail tomorrow)

Just rip the MUX switches off a 08 or 09 and get Maliview Drool.gif