Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rear Anchor Light

tnlegendracer

Prior owner never used, and I couldn't get it going for tonight's launch so I ran back to HB dock with tower lights. Fortunately, NP.

Question: There are two poles, the one that mounts in the boat and the one that slips into it that the lights' on. What's supposed to hold those together? There's a hole in both one tube and the black plastic coupler. Do they expect you to have a screwdrive to use to fasten those two before using anchor light? Or is there some kind of trick quick release that I'm missing or not seeing?

I'm going to take volt meter to socket tomorrow to see if I can find out why the light's not coming on at all.

Prior owner never used, and I couldn't get it going for tonight's launch so I ran back to HB dock with tower lights. Fortunately, NP.

Question: There are two poles, the one that mounts in the boat and the one that slips into it that the lights' on. What's supposed to hold those together? There's a hole in both one tube and the black plastic coupler. Do they expect you to have a screwdrive to use to fasten those two before using anchor light? Or is there some kind of trick quick release that I'm missing or not seeing?

I'm going to take volt meter to socket tomorrow to see if I can find out why the light's not coming on at all.

Might want to check the actual bulb... Mine was acting the same way the weekend of the 4th. I unscrewed the cap and the light bulb was loose inside the socket. Snugged it back in and light worked perfect.

As far as the two poles... the coupler in the middle has a slot that the screw slides in and they fit together quite well. There should be an elastic (think bungee cord) inside the poles that keeps them tight once they are put together. I would suggest adding something along the lines of this

I'm working on something similar and having a friend who is an engineer at a manufacturing facility is a plus! Whistling.gif

i'm not positive so don't take this to the bank but it may be worth checking out.

iirc the requirement is a white light visible 360 degrees.

if your tower light does that you may not need to fret the stern light.

i know; you want the rig perfect but knowing your are legal might lower the anxiety level.

Hated that light for a couple of reasons. Looks stupid. Glares in the windshield. Blows the effect of the interior LEDs. And always thought some drunk would knock it out at some point (not me of course).

So a year or so ago several site members talked about this in this thread & came up with several great options that go on the tower. Check it out.