Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this a Malibu Prop???

Air Tahoe

Hi guys. While cleaning out the storage I found this prop. I can't remember if it went to our Mastercraft ProStar190 or our 04' Malibu WakeSetter.

I am no knowledgeable when it comes to the prop numbers to know what it fits. Can someone with this expertise help me. Any idea of the perceived value if I was to sell it? Or should I save it as a backup if it is for the wakesetter.

I do remember that the original prop it came with was much to low of a pitch. It could hardly accelerate. But after running aground on a rock we had it replaced and the boat pulls up to plane wonderful now.

Thank you in advance

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

Edited by Air Tahoe
definately off the MC Prostar. I have on just like it sitting on the self in my garage.

Thanks guys. I will figure out how much its worth and try to sell it since we no longer have the ProStar.

Hold on a sec....don't Mastercraft props have a splined hub, i.e. to fit on a splined shaft?

Also, this is a LH prop...I know Correct Craft are RH, is Mastercraft also?

Finally, he mentioned that when they first got the Malibu, the pitch was way too low. A 13 pitch on a V-drive would definitely be too low.

Just my $.02

It's from your old MC. By the looks of it, I'd bet $$$ that it's never been in the water since you had it redone. Given that it's been reworked, I'd say it's worth $100. That's a 1" shaft so no value to a Malibu owner except if they have an older unit...

It's from your old MC. By the looks of it, I'd bet $$$ that it's never been in the water since you had it redone. Given that it's been reworked, I'd say it's worth $100. That's a 1" shaft so no value to a Malibu owner except if they have an older unit...

I read into that it was the VLX that ran aground not the MC, since he says "it works wonderful now". Which makes me think it might be a MC prop but not rebuilt necessarily. Also, if I was selling a used prop I wouldn't differentiate between whether it had been rebuilt or not, why would a properly rebuilt prop be worth less than a used prop? Just askin.

Edited by TheBlackPearl

It's a cast 13x13 OJ prop for a 1 inch tapered shaft. Don't know about the Malibus, but that prop would be typical of an older MasterCraft Prostar 190 with a Velvet Drive non-reduction transmission (gear reduction trannies like PowerSlot used a 1 1/8 inch shaft). For the last several years, MasterCraft has been using a splined driveshaft, and of course all the current props are CNC. MasterCrafts need a LH prop. It wouldn't be suitable for any V-drive since they're all 1 1/8 inch shaft

If you're looking to sell it, you could put it on ebay or go over to the MasterCraft forums and advertise it in the marketplace. I'll bet there's someone over there with an older Prostar that would want a cheap spare. No clue what it would be worth, but it's rebuilt, three-blade, cast, and tapered shaft. Still, there's probably SOME kind of market for it. The puller may be an incentive in the (probably unlikely) event that the purchaser doesn't already have one.

>

Edited by Big Mac

Thanks a ton guys. I would be lost without all your knowledgeable info on here.

The Malibu ran aground a few years ago. Took out the rudder and all the under-gear. The GF was driving, I was supposed to be guiding, but it was during the low water levels and drought at Tahoe. There were a lot more hidden obstacles at that time.

The MasterCraft hit a log or two during its day. I think we have gone through 2-3 props on each boat. The ProStar 190 had the LT1 Corvette engine. Boy did that boat take-off out of the hole shot.

Yes, it is a remanufactured prop from the shop. They do a great job and they are just like NEW. Even the big big container ships do the same thing to their props.

I will find a MC forum and see if I can sell the prop now that I know what it goes to Clap.gif

Thanks again.

• 3 years later...

I was able to sell my prop to a ski Natique owner due to everyone's help. Thanks again!

I have the exact same prop for sale, reconditioned as well, can I ask what you got for it?

And, what forum, if you used one?