Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1993 Malibu Echelon Swim Step

napys93

I have a 1993 Malibu Echelon. I have a swim step problem. There are 3 supports that support the step. I lost the middle one that bolts up into the boat. It is at the bottom of the lake. I need to buy a replacement, or make one, or reinforce my step. I know the boat is old and my options are slim. Would anybody have any ideas? Or the fastest easiest way to fix my problem. Thanks

martinarcher

Not sure if you can buy replacement supports or not. if you can, Paul at Bakes Marine would know. If you can't, I would pull the platform off your boat and take one of the remaining supports to a machine/fabrication shop in you area and I'm sure they could whip one up pretty quick. I just had all three of mine powdercoated black - that would be a great way to finish them up and keep them looking nice.

EDIT: I found a website that has brackets that look identical to mine...

http://www.boatwoodwork.com/brackets.html

Edited by martinarcher

not trying to thread-jack here....but can I buy a fiberglass platform for my boat somewhere? Dontknow.gif

i'm assuming I'll have to do some customizing to the brackets.

Bakes (and i'm sure others) sells a replacement for the late 80s/early 90s swim bracket. Most of the early ones were plastic. The replacement is aluminum. Not sure which style the Echelon had though. Although I can say that my old sunsetter came with 3 brackets originally... but I've only had the two outer ones since I've owned it.

Not sure if you can buy replacement supports or not. if you can, Paul at Bakes Marine would know. If you can't, I would pull the platform off your boat and take one of the remaining supports to a machine/fabrication shop in you area and I'm sure they could whip one up pretty quick. I just had all three of mine powdercoated black - that would be a great way to finish them up and keep them looking nice.

EDIT: I found a website that has brackets that look identical to mine...

http://www.boatwoodwork.com/brackets.html

Great thank you. I'll give Paul a call.