Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboard workout?

Boomer

SacRiverRat also make a great point.  Riding in itself and pushing yourself more, can help you help build stamina.......... SacRiverRat had the last 2 months off from work, and his stamina has increased dramatically  :)

I wish my skills had improved as much, but I have noticed a significant improvement in stamina, as well as recovery time.

Other thing to try is to fall a bit more often. I find that I can ride a lot longer when I'm trying new tricks, and fall more - giving myself little breathers, and shorter mini-sets.

So next time you start getting tired - just drop in for a rest, then keep going. And remember, even though you are boarding for fun, you also want to improve your staminia... so earn that beer! Biggrin.gif

I think your riding has improved greatly since May when we first went out on the river.

I also see you taking a page out of my book ;)

You brought up a point I discovered yesterday. If I flip and ride switch, I get sort of a second wind, because it must be using a different muscle group or something.

Unfortunately, my hands still lose strength, and I'm not a very good switch rider yet. I can basically cut back and forth decent, but I can't jump switch. I'm working on it though.

Yes, on both my sets yesterday when I was dead tired, I dropped the line, rested in the water a minute as the boat came back, and went again just to try and build stamina. My freaking feet still limit me though. Once I get my bindings on, the clock starts ticking.

My CWB Boss bindings are just so tight on the toe area it seems.

I had this problem when I started off too. My Hyperlite splits were not wide enough and I got foot cramps easily. The newer generation of Hyperlite bindings (last 2 years or so) Hyperlite made the front area taller and more boxier. This allowed my feet to be more comfortable, didn't get crushed as easy.

As for grip, try to pick up some dumbells or a barbell and do some bent over rows. It will build you back and your grip. Even just doing different bicep curls will help build some arm strength and each of those exercises will build strength in you hands.