Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Little 247 Wave

Stanley Wheelhouse

Cant spot it, must be a tiny little thing hiding behind the wall of water Whistling.gif

Biggrin.gif nice wave!

Edited by txwakejunkie
Does look a bit small Tease2.gif

guess i better trade her in for an enzo

YUP, and it wouldnt take as long to fill the ballast since it would only need half as much Tongue.gif

Biggrin.gif

Edited by txwakejunkie

Allright, you have to tell me your setup, I can't get my 247 to look like that. How much ballast and where???! I love it! Surprised.gif

Allright, you have to tell me your setup, I can't get my 247 to look like that. How much ballast and where???! I love it! Surprised.gif

Recipe for wave as follows

No Wedge

Factory Front Center and Left Rear. (if your gas tank is full you may spew gas out of the vent. use your right tank to as a counter weight until you burn off some fuel then empty right)

Fat Sacs

750 in rear locker ready to explode

550 under set in front of rear locker

350 tube sac under seat nearest batteries

400 sac in walk through

750 on rear left seat

750 on floor next to rear left seat

i ride between 12-13.6 MPH.

water depth is crucial 30 feet plus

smooth water is also crucial to length and tubing shape

i have a four pump make a wake ballast system i bought before they went out of business. i had to rebuild the damned thing out of the box but once i did i say it works well. it has one drain hose and one fill hose. i used the transmission plug as the intake for the one fill hose. i plumbed the one drain hose into my overflow on the factory ballast. then there are four hoses that run from each of the four pumps. each hose drains or fills so there is no need for both a drain hose and fill hose for each pump. my under seat sacs are plumbed to the make a wake system and fill and drain at the press of a button. i have two hoses that come off two of the four pumps that are mobile filling hoses for the sacs that are not on the seat. we used to use tsunami pumps of course. now slamming the boat is effortless and i drink beer instead of plugging and throwing pumps over the side. (that shiz is for the birds) i also have my very own custom 247 enzo shaped sac that is in production now. by my volume calculations the sack will hold 1550 lbs. zack at bakes marine has helped me do it. Bakes is the shiz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD. current drain and fill time is 20 minutes. not bad while sipping a corona.

martinarcher

No Wedge

Factory Front Center and Left Rear. (if your gas tank is full you may spew gas out of the vent. use your right tank to as a counter weight until you burn off some fuel then empty right)

Fat Sacs

400 sac in walk through

750 on rear left seat

i have a four pump make a wake ballast system i bought before they went out of business. i had to rebuild the damned thing out of the box but once i did i say it works well. it has one drain hose and one fill hose. i used the transmission plug as the intake for the one fill hose. i plumbed the one drain hose into my overflow on the factory ballast. then there are four hoses that run from each of the four pumps. each hose drains or fills so there is no need for both a drain hose and fill hose for each pump. my under seat sacs are plumbed to the make a wake system and fill and drain at the press of a button. i have two hoses that come off two of the four pumps that are mobile filling hoses for the sacs that are not on the seat. we used to use tsunami pumps of course. now slamming the boat is effortless and i drink beer instead of plugging and throwing pumps over the side. (that shiz is for the birds) i also have my very own custom 247 enzo shaped sac that is in production now. by my volume calculations the sack will hold 1550 lbs. zack at bakes marine has helped me do it. Bakes is the shiz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD. current drain and fill time is 20 minutes. not bad while sipping a corona.

I'm pretty sure that weight would sink my boat. Whistling.gif That is amazing.

Edited by martinarcher
Wow... 3600 lbs is all it takes! You should put up some pics of the boat all ballasted up!

3600 on top of factory 950= 4550 wow. How many peeps in the boat also?

you have more ballast then my boat weighs, Crazy.gif

Edited by txwakejunkie
Wow... 3600 lbs is all it takes! You should put up some pics of the boat all ballasted up!

prefer four to five max. people cant get enough of "Blue Thunder"

Weight is god Thumbup.gif I run almost the same amount in my baby boat :)

the 247 throws a bigger wave than the enzo. however the perception is the enzo throws a bigger wave than the 247. the problem here is most people will not put the amount of weight i do in my bu in their bu to generate this size wave. that is understandable. we spend 60-90k on our boats and no one in their right mind would trash that kind of investment (well not an investment more like a money pit but point made). all i can say is this is my second 247 and we have been doing this for about 900 hours now. knock on wood we have had no problems. and the wave is huge. the enzo could throw a like size wave as well but again most people who own the enzo will not put more than the enzo sac weight in the boat. i would love to see an enzo wave with the enzo sac full and some 750's on the seat and floor on the surf side. that would be money.

have faith the rub rail is two inches from the water. shhhhhh.

Is that the reason the water must be glass???? Thumbup.gif

I've been packing around that much weight in my 23LSV with similar results....everyone loves it! I did the Bakes method of using the Y-valve diverter....and it works so well.

I made the mistake of buying a Make-A-Wake system....talk about no support after the sale and the system doesn't work well at all. I abandoned it.....sitting in my garage collecting dust.

I've also experienced the gas coming out of the vent.....gawd that sucks!!!!!!!!!!! I've been thinking of finding a way to plug the vent hole but only when we're surfing on the port side....anyone think that would cause a big problem? It had never happened until a few weeks ago, and I was wondering why it never happened before. I figured out that we typically always do some wakeboard and goofy side surf sets before the port side which is why.

nice wave man!!! ...and yeah...the Bakes guys are the best!

I've been packing around that much weight in my 23LSV with similar results....everyone loves it! I did the Bakes method of using the Y-valve diverter....and it works so well.

I made the mistake of buying a Make-A-Wake system....talk about no support after the sale and the system doesn't work well at all. I abandoned it.....sitting in my garage collecting dust.

I've also experienced the gas coming out of the vent.....gawd that sucks!!!!!!!!!!! I've been thinking of finding a way to plug the vent hole but only when we're surfing on the port side....anyone think that would cause a big problem? It had never happened until a few weeks ago, and I was wondering why it never happened before. I figured out that we typically always do some wakeboard and goofy side surf sets before the port side which is why.

Re-route the vent hose to the other side of the boat, that will solve your problem. Parts are cheap.

I agree Bake's is the best.

Edited by 06vlx

Re-route the vent hose to the other side of the boat, that will solve your problem. Parts are cheap.

brilliant! word to your peoples!!!! any suggestions on fittings?

Is that the reason the water must be glass???? Thumbup.gif

that could be a possibility with an in depth imagination of waves washing over ones bow. but of course not mine.

brilliant! word to your peoples!!!! any suggestions on fittings?

Call up Bake's they have the parts and have done the mod before.

No Wedge

Fat Sacs

400 sac in walk through

750 on rear left seat

Im just curious, why no wedge??

Im just curious, why no wedge??

Cause it will sink the boat with the extra downward force on the hull Whistling.gif

Edited by CrazyTegger