Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pulled The Trigger, Bought a New Boat

meb885

OK guys, i was NOT expecting to sign a purchase agreement today......Don't let me go shopping alone with nobody to slap me and say no...... Whistling.gif

Went in just looking at a Red 08VTX with 20 Hrs and some nice features, put a down payment on a Yellow 09.

7k difference in price between the 2 (dont know if im supposed to say that or not) because the price tag on the red one didnt include a trailer, malivue, or the 2 extra tower speakers i wanted....

The 09 VTX has the 350 Monsoon.... if you look at the engine cover tho it has the 340 Monsoon Decal on it..... The dealer said it was common with a lot of the 09's and that they could order a new decal that says 350.... Anyone else encounter this?

Picking it up (well at least paying for it and doing paperwork) on Monday. Not sure where it's going yet...since theres a 94 Echelon in the Driveway.....

Yellow/White VTX--- Water Cooled Shaft Seal, Yellow/Black Sport Dash, Full MLS (Bow, Mid, 2 Rear), Power Wedge, Malivue, XS Tower in White, 2 Spinner Board Racks, Yellow Bimini with White Stripe, 12 Inch Sub w/ Amp, 4Ch Amp, Soundpack 1, Transom Remote, Battery Option 3, 4 Alpha1 Chrome/Yellow Tower Speakers, S/A Trailer, I'm Sure i'm Missing something.... Basically they said about the ONLY options i dont get are the heater and shower.....here's a pic. it was NOT on their website or anything.

0715091359.jpg

0715091359a.jpg

0715091400.jpg

0715091400b.jpg

Meb885,

I have a friend looking at a new Malibu. The dealer here called him the other day and offered him $7000 more off the boat he was looking at. He said the reason was that Malibu is kicking in the money if you buy a new 09 Malibu from dealer stock and the dealer orders a new 2010 to replace it.

Great Boat! I believe that is the same one they had at the Detroit Boat show, at the top of their rack. That's the boat I would have picked if I walked into Skiers Pier (without my wife), as well.

If you don't have room, you could store it at my place. I'll even let you put it on the lift, as long as you leave a spare set of keys.

Nice,

I like the white tower. Seems like you have alot of options too. My boat came with the 340 badge and the dealer swapped it out for the 350.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the Comments about the boat.... i always feel like everytime someone posts they bought a new boat it should be compared to how much chatter happens when you and the wife bring a new baby home, (same comments too... oh, shes beautiful.... she has your eyes/docking lights.....) ok maybe a stretch on that one....

Badger, i'm sure u would LOVE to let me put my brand new boat with no hours on your dock and leave you the keys......

And CedarLakeSkier, it's the Wake Hull.... I drove a Diamond back in 07 and i REALLY want to have a Wakeboard boat....being that i have an Echelon thats AMAZING for Skiing. However, my dealer was telling me he actually footed behind a VTX with the Wake Hull, No Ballast, No Wedge obviously. Seems like a VERY versatile hull. Skiers Pier Aparently in 09 ordered ALL wake Hull and ALL with Maliview. this happens to be their last 09 VTX on the lot (they're down to 1 of each boat minus 247 i think.)

They have an AWESOME all black VLX with metallic silver striping thats pretty nice to look at, but i couldnt stomach the price tag... If anyone's from the Area, they just used that VLX for 1 event in the Tournament that just happened. (was it Quake on the Lake?)

Oh and that tower will look even nicer once it has 4 Alpha1's on it.... it looked a litle naked to me...couldnt have that. Yahoo.gif

Great Boat! I believe that is the same one they had at the Detroit Boat show, at the top of their rack. That's the boat I would have picked if I walked into Skiers Pier (without my wife), as well.

If you don't have room, you could store it at my place. I'll even let you put it on the lift, as long as you leave a spare set of keys.

Go pull the trigger and you will be w/o a wife.... ROFL.gif

Meb885,

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the dark side.... Crazy.gif

Go pull the trigger and you will be w/o a wife… ROFL.gif

Meb885,

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the dark side.... Crazy.gif

If it's on a diamond hull he still has a pretty nice ski wake Tease2.gif

SWEET BOAT looks almost like mine CONGRATS

49118555970803861573803.th.jpg

Nice VTX G_Anders! yours is yellow where mine is white and white where mine is yellow Thumbup.gif

Everyone seems to love my boat colors on here, and its funny...i saw it and at 1st thought i DONT want that color combo...but it grew on me real fast!

So who is in my area and wants to School me on Wakeboarding. i've only done it once and i was like 9.... Teach me how to be good on a wakeboard...and u can drive my new toy. hahaha

Great Boat!

I was at Skiers Pier today taking delivery of two new racks (will post pics later) and saw it in person.

Will fit in the empty space in my garage. No need to leave keys - got a set today! Innocent.gif

Great Boat!

I was at Skiers Pier today taking delivery of two new racks (will post pics later) and saw it in person.

Will fit in the empty space in my garage. No need to leave keys - got a set today! Innocent.gif

Did Ron Swat you off it like a fly? i told him not to let anyone touch it.... hahahahaha

And i'm sure you got a set of keys. :-P

Then Again it's not prepped yet. i'll just let ron know i need him to swap out the ignition for me.... Whistling.gif

Great Boat!

Did Ron Swat you off it like a fly? i told him not to let anyone touch it.... hahahahaha

And i'm sure you got a set of keys. :-P

Then Again it's not prepped yet. i'll just let ron know i need him to swap out the ignition for me.... Whistling.gif

Enjoy your beautiful boat. I'll flag you down out on cass sometime.

SWEET BOAT looks almost like mine CONGRATS

49118555970803861573803.th.jpg

Nice VTX G_Anders! yours is yellow where mine is white and white where mine is yellow Thumbup.gif

Everyone seems to love my boat colors on here, and its funny...i saw it and at 1st thought i DONT want that color combo...but it grew on me real fast!

So who is in my area and wants to School me on Wakeboarding. i've only done it once and i was like 9.... Teach me how to be good on a wakeboard...and u can drive my new toy. hahaha

I can help with that and I'm not to far from you. Thumbup.gif

Congrats on the new boat!

T-Squared, thanks for the offer.... i can always use more people to hang out with on the lake (ANY excuse to be floating on a sunny day is enough for me...Work just gets in the way sometimes)

As for the rest of ya.... At first i was like oooooh they're so nice.....telling me the boat looks nice.....now i see how it really is...everyone wants to get their paws on the steering wheel.... Mad.gif

Ok maybe not...since most of you are nowhere near here. but seriously guys....thanks for the kind words and if you DO live in the area your ALWAYS welcome to come out for a set behind her or just to float around and B/S... I'm sure i'm going to have a LOT more questions once the boat is actually in my possession...so offering some of you guys a beer (or root beer) and a pull, or something is the least i can do.

And as long as Skiers Pier gives me a full tank of gas to start with the 1st few people won't even have to chip in for gas Tongue.gif