Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Houseboat Vacation Questions

Backfooter100

Ok, we have a group of about 12 people and last weekend the topic of doing a vacation to one of the "big lakes" out west came up. I have read topics about renting a houseboat but I dont seem to remember anything about renting a tournament ski boat, Is such a thing possible ? and if so how much does it cost

Thanks for any info......

If you go to Shasta, Holiday Harbor has both houseboats as well as Nautiques for rent. Keep in mind that they're rentals, so will be a little rough compared with what you're used to.

Last summer they had some ski nautiques with 4000+ hours on the meters. They were the older body style from the late 90's early 00's. When I was there last month they had all newer boats that didn't look to be in too bad of shape...yet.

Most of the big lakes that rent houseboats will have "ski boats" to rent too. Are you talking like Powell or Mead or Shasta or Melones or... ? They'll all have boats to rent that you can ski behind, but you may be getting a Reinell or something instead of a true ski tow boat. Most lakes are like 300-400 and up per day to rent one from what I've noticed. It looks like Shasta actually has a pretty nice selection to rent from. Some of the real large lakes will have different selections and different marinas as well.

Not sure what lake to go to,we just started kicking the idea around to see if it is feaseable, from the input I have recieved it is definately a doable deal, I guess I would defer to the ideas of those who have done this before.......no sense trying to reinvent the wheel

Thank to all for the great feedback already.........Please keep it comming !!!!!

Another option would be to invite someone who maybe lives a bit closer & would be into bringing their boat along.

We've done Shasta, Shuswap, Roosevelt, Havasu, and Dale Hollow. They were all fun. In the future I want ot hit Powell. And I've heard Lake of the Ozarks is pretty sweet.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
Another option would be to invite someone who maybe lives a bit closer & would be into bringing their boat along.

We've done Shasta, Shuswap, Roosevelt, Havasu, and Dale Hollow. They were all fun. In the future I want ot hit Powell. And I've heard Lake of the Ozarks is pretty sweet.

We've done Powell, it's unreal. Like being in a different world. Costs a small fortune in gas and so on but it's unforgettable.

Powell is AWESOME. It's perfect for what you're describing.

Lake of the Ozarks is too rough for a skiier, unless you're an "only going to be on the water before 9 am" kind of guy. I am not.