Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just wanted to say thanks

Todd34

So I was pulling the Bu home today when I blew a tire. It was on a four lane highway and there was a fair amount of traffic. I pulled to the side of the road and was able to pull into a church parking lot entrance (the lot was locked) and angle the boat so I was a bit farther from the traffic. I pulled the blown tire and went to get the spare. When I came back around the boat I noticed that a woman had pulled over to the side of the road about 25 yards away from me. She was far enough off the road not to get hit but close enough that anyone would have had to hit her car before they got me.

I gave her a wave, said thank you, finished putting on the spare, waved and said thank you again and then went on my way. She probably isn't a part of the crew but just in case she is: Thank you!

Todd

Great story but are you sure she wasn't just checking you out? LOL

Yeah, she probably saw that boat and said "This guy has $$$, maybe he is single" Tease2.gif

J/K It's nice to see that there are still some truly nice people left in this world Whistling.gif

Edited by 68Slalom

Yeah, she probably saw that boat and said "This guy has $$$, maybe he is single" Tease2.gif

J/K It's nice to see that there are still some truly nice people left in this world Whistling.gif

There are many great people out there. Most are just quieter than the pain in the arse people who get all the press.

Good story.

Edited by wakeup

not to high jack the thread but speaking of good people, I had a run of good luck july 3rd.

I had just left the camp site on the way to the boat ramp when my wife (riding in the boat) yells out to me, " hey stop the truck" . I see she is on her phone and with the way she told me to stop i was thinking something bad has happened, I hop out of the truck and walk back to the boat and she said where is your wallet? As soon as she said that i had that feeling you get when you suddenly remeber that forgot something. I had just filled the boat up on the way to the camp grounds and Left my wallet on the fender of the boat trailer. All i could think of is that she was on the phone with the bank or credit card company and that somebody was going to town on one of my cards. I was wrong it was the local city hall, and someone had found my wallet and everything in it all over the road. This person took the tiime to pick up evey thing they could find and then took my wallet to the city hall. Every credit card, debt card and cash was all accounted for. Keep in mind this was a very busy two lane road with no shoulders.

Great big thanks to that person!! This act renewed my faith in good people!!

Pay it forward. I hate that phrase, but love what it means.

A couple of years ago slider dropped his wallet on the ground at a ramp at Shasta the last day that we were there. We arrived home not knowing that, at all. A fellow found it, called us & mailed it back that week. The cash that had been in there was even still there. It's not shown on the news that often, but there really are a lot of good people in the world.

not to high jack the thread but speaking of good people, I had a run of good luck july 3rd.

I had just left the camp site on the way to the boat ramp when my wife (riding in the boat) yells out to me, " hey stop the truck" . I see she is on her phone and with the way she told me to stop i was thinking something bad has happened, I hop out of the truck and walk back to the boat and she said where is your wallet? As soon as she said that i had that feeling you get when you suddenly remeber that forgot something. I had just filled the boat up on the way to the camp grounds and Left my wallet on the fender of the boat trailer. All i could think of is that she was on the phone with the bank or credit card company and that somebody was going to town on one of my cards. I was wrong it was the local city hall, and someone had found my wallet and everything in it all over the road. This person took the tiime to pick up evey thing they could find and then took my wallet to the city hall. Every credit card, debt card and cash was all accounted for. Keep in mind this was a very busy two lane road with no shoulders.

Great big thanks to that person!! This act renewed my faith in good people!!

This happened to me with a set of keys I (or should I say my stepson) lost at the launch ramp. Five days later I get stopped at the desk in the gym and they had a note with the name and phone number who had my keys. I called the people and they were very nice, gave me the address and I went to pick them up. I was grateful but didn't get a chance to thank them in person because they were on vacation, but it's rare to get that kind of help.

A couple of years ago slider dropped his wallet on the ground at a ramp at Shasta the last day that we were there. We arrived home not knowing that, at all. A fellow found it, called us & mailed it back that week. The cash that had been in there was even still there. It's not shown on the news that often, but there really are a lot of good people in the world.

Sounds like Joe has problems with his wallet quit often Whistling.gif:)

Hijacking the hijack...a month ago I was at the ramp, grabbed some stuff from the truck to load into the trunk of the boat, and saw my wallet sitting on my swim platform. It had been there since I filled up with gas earlier that day. 20 mile ride to the ramp, including 5 miles or so at 70 MPH on Florida's Turnpike, and it was still there. I was in a mild state of shock for a few minutes.

As you were...

Edited by rts

And his keys and his phone....sometimes I think that he'd lose his head if it wasn't attached.

And his keys and his phone....sometimes I think that he'd lose his head if it wasn't attached.

LOL

What she should have been saying was "With cost of the boat and the truck pulling it, there is no way he has any money left!"

Todd