Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Can you pull 2 wakeboarders?

luvtheBU

We just hooked up both ropes to the tower and went for it. If your riders are not very advanced it gets kinda exciting on the turns for the outside rider.

We do it with two foils occasionally. You just have to make sure that everyone talks to each other a lot. Don't be jumping or doing anything till the other guys know what is going on. Getting dorked in the head by your buddies board will suck...... almost as bad as getting two foils locked up. Surprised.gif

Yeah getting donked in the head is what I'm worried about....the boats name is "Organ Donor". I don't want to ruin a perfect night on the river in the ER. These kids are your typical teens they get up a couple times and they think they can do anything.

I forgot to mention the most experienced rider of the group got doinked his first run the other day by his own board.

Yeah getting donked in the head is what I'm worried about....the boats name is "Organ Donor". I don't want to ruin a perfect night on the river in the ER. These kids are your typical teens they get up a couple times and they think they can do anything.

Oh.....you don't know the half of it. Crazy.gifCrazy.gif

...... typical teens they get up a couple times and they think they can do anything.

Hehe, remember the days when you knew everything? Funny how the older I got, the smarter my parents got. Hmmmmm.......

Can't imagine going on a trip and not have some sorta doubling event. Either wake boarding, skiing, surfing or even barefoot. As long as I'm driving it's all good.

A good way to eliminate rope tangle is use these or something simular and mount them to the two rear loops. Makes turning and pick up easy also.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/store...mp;classNum=519

The only problem would be having a regular and a goofy trying to go WTW at the same time. Of course, they would only be able to try it once.

One would end up Tease.gif and the other would be Crazy.gif

The only problem would be having a regular and a goofy trying to go WTW at the same time. Of course, they would only be able to try it once.

One would end up Tease.gif and the other would be Crazy.gif

LMAO !!!

Due to any other boat traffic, we have a rule for two or more behind our boat.

One rider goes down, the other lets go (or all others) at the same time and they swim together right away while the boat gets back to you.

That way you don’t have kids or people spread out all over the lake to worry about if any another boats (wally driven or not) come by.

I’ve seen people have one rider go down and the other hang on, then at the turn around, the other falls as well, leaving an opportunity for something bad to happen.

Within the time it takes to round up everyone a lot of safety can be compromised during retrieval.

When both of our children fall together, we feel much safer and avoid a lot of wasted time getting everyone back together and ready to ride again.

Thumbup.gif

Good advice here. We have had 3 and 4 boarders up behind the boat before. For a family pictures. Of course nobody was trying any tricks.

We've seen some of the local guys doing tantrums over each other behind the boat. With 2 people, there are a lot more things that can happen to get injured, but it's quite a blast.

One rider goes down, the other lets go (or all others) at the same time and they swim together right away while the boat gets back to you.

That way you don’t have kids or people spread out all over the lake to worry about if any another boats (wally driven or not) come by.

That is very important, you can have too much going on otherwise and wear out the riders, and approach the downed rider too fast if the other held on, etc. This is a must. OR, have a back up boat to pick up downed riders and someone in charge of reeling in ropes.

We've pulled multiples a lot (6 slalom on my buddies Nautique), and it does get scary for a driver.

Thanks crew thanks for all the help. We didn't try it last night the river was too busy and I didn't want any accidents. We'll probably give it a go on a weekday when there's less opportunity to get hurt.

we used to do 3 at a time back in the day! We occasionally do double now. Just tell your kids that when one falls, drop your rope too or hold on and try not to crash until you swing around and get near the downed rider. When you have 2 boarders in the water that arent close to each other it leaves them vulnerable to other boats that might not see them

Who's the one getting pulled over in the middle.. :Doh:

Hahaha that was my first thought too!

I wonder what the world record is for the number of simultaneous riders behind a boat under x ft? Anyone care to look it up. Maybe someone on this site can break it!

Setting the record for the most foil riders behind a boat was a kick we got on years ago. Heres a few I've been involved in.

This is back in the 70s on the Parker Strip. Mike Murphy (who started SkySki), Bob Wooley (owner of AirChair) & Banana George to name a few....

8foilskis.jpg

We set a record in like 1998 behind one of the first X-Stars. Seems like it was 11 riders. I have a shot of it on the wall of shame at home. I'll get it scanned & put it up sometime soon.

In 1999 at the first Canadian Fly-In we decided to break it again. We rigged this double boom system on a Sunsetter & got 11 riders up.

gcf5.jpg

Then in 2000, a local TV personality got the bug to break the most skiers behind a single boat.... the goal was 120 skiers. He recruited a local ski team, who got one of my buddies who is a SkySki rider & Boeing engineer to build the boom system that would pull the skiers. The whole story is here. I called them up & told them that I could get a crew together to shag ropes if we could have an hour or so to break the foil record too. In the end the boat was a joke & couldn't pull up 120 skiers. We had more fun riding on the booms anyway.

But we did get to take a shot at breaking the foil record. And at one point we had like 30 foil riders up. To get the "world record" we had to ride a mile. Someone got stupid, went down & took out a bunch of us. 14 riders made it the full mile. That record still stands today.

record1.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky