Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Picking up my first Malibu tomorrow!

Douge

Oh boy. Buying a 95 Response for some summer fun and to teach the kids to ski. Clap.gif

Congrats!! Please post pics.....

My wife and I are ready to get our first although she seems to think that waiting until next season is better.....I'm confused.

Oh boy. Buying a 95 Response for some summer fun and to teach the kids to ski. Clap.gif

Congrats!! Please post pics.....

My wife and I are ready to get our first although she seems to think that waiting until next season is better.....I'm confused.

The second word of the sentence told me your were confused! Comes with being married. Whistling.gif

Now is a pretty good time to buy a boat... Keep looking hard for a good deal. Boat prices in the spring were very low - lots of supply & little demand, but they're starting to rise a little as the number of used boats available decreases.

You'll likely find a really good deal between now and the end of the year.

If the economy starts to recover, boat prices could be higher next spring, but I'm not holding my breath.

My $.02.

Edit: </hijack>

Edited by wienrdog

Wow that was a long day. I went and picked it up this morning and got back a few hours ago. The boat looks good, but needs some TLC. The gel is dull, might even need a wet sand on the transom but def a cut and buff, what do you guys use? Overall its in very good shape, the rub rail is intact with no major bruises, all the stickers are in good shape, very minimal scratches on the hull. Two minor dings that I think will easily be repaired, a scratch below the bow eye and a star impact on the top to the left rear transom. I think they can both be filled and sanded/buffed. Swim platform needs refinished but better than a lot of the older ones I have seen. Wife will handle this but let me know what you guys seal it with.

The boat hasn't been run since last year so I am planning on swapping the fluids and filters before I go out. Prop on the boat is in good shape and came with a new spare and a puller. Trailer is sunbaked but otherwise functional. Could use tires if I were going to take it on any long trips. Otherwise, with a service its ready to go, fires straight away, pulls strong, temp good. Shifts good. Bought it from original owner, 350 hours. Don't want to say what I paid for it but I think I got a pretty smoking deal.

I have lots of little questions on doing a quasi resto on the cosmetic. I will post under maintenance though.

Also, please do not bag on me, but I have a rule about useless toys. If I own them they are for sale. My wife has allowed me a lot of leeway on these kinds of purchases with the understanding that I am always willing to part with them. I'm sure some of you can understand. :)

Here is a pic. I will post more in a couple of days once I have had my way with her and I can post some of what she should look like.

DSCF4161.jpg

Edited by Douge