Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Jet Boat Crashes

BB LSV

I have seen those races on tv a couple of times. I think it would be pretty fun.

I like the boat that jumps the wall, and almost no one moves out of the way..... and then they are all standing there hi fivin

What's funny to me is that I've heard people jokingly (or ignorantly) refer to the tower as a "roll bar". Well, there's a situation where it's really & truly built as a roll bar. :lol:

I was thinkin the same thing !

Edited by BB LSV

The crashes are similar to dropping a piece of peanut butter toast on the ground...

They almost always land face down.

What's funny to me is that I've heard people jokingly (or ignorantly) refer to the tower as a "roll bar". Well, there's a situation where it's really & truly built as a roll bar. :lol:

I actually called it a roll bar to some non-boaters asking about the boat. Just got a blank stare, and then beer came out my nose.

I actually called it a roll bar to some non-boaters asking about the boat. Just got a blank stare, and then beer came out my nose.

People here at work are wondering why I'm laughing so hard. The beer out the nose bit is what sent me over the top. ROFL.gifROFL.gif

I have seen that on tv. I think its really big in new zealand.

Looks like a blast to drive.

That explains the "World Series Jetboat..." sign. I was wondering how can they call it World Series when they only run it in Arkansas and...well...Arkansas.

Edited by DIE2SURF
[

People here at work are wondering why I'm laughing so hard. The beer out the nose bit is what sent me over the top. ROFL.gifROFL.gif

Yeah, that was in the driveway showing some neighbors the new (new to me) boat this spring. I'd have kept it together if I did not make eye contact with my ski buddy on the other side of the boat. It really was pretty funny, I knew I'd use that line at some point but didn't expect the rest.

what is the second 'dummy' in the boat for?

This is actually a more popular race series than you might imagine. Extremely fast and intense, driving likely the worlds best handling boats in less than 3' of water.

The course is, well, a dug course that criss crosses itself numerous times. If you watch the real videos online or on TV, you'll see the Navigator providing hand signals to the driver on which way to turn next, very similar to a rally car team. I'm not sure on this, but I believe the course is only given to the navigator a short time before starting, and he/she has to memorize it, and then the driver mats the gas pedal and steers.

Here's some good footage showing the whole deal.

Like most high end racing, podium times are only separated by tenths.

Peter

Edited by SmoothWaterMan

Anyone know what engine/BHP they are running? Looks like they accelerate ridiculously. (edit: I mean that in a good way)

Edited by Michigan boarder
Anyone know what engine/BHP they are running? Looks like they accelerate ridiculously. (edit: I mean that in a good way)

Huge sport in New Zealand. Superboat class about 1200 HP, 0-140 KPH in 2 seconds pulling between 5-6 G's. Don't know haow to put the link in, but go to www.trueblue racing.com for the figures and more info.

Huge sport in New Zealand. Superboat class about 1200 HP, 0-140 KPH in 2 seconds pulling between 5-6 G's. Don't know haow to put the link in, but go to www.trueblue racing.com for the figures and more info.

WOW Drool.gif It would be fun to take it for a spin

WOW Drool.gif It would be fun to take it for a spin

Yeah, that and taking an indy car for a spin wouldn't be that bad either but what are the chances that will ever happen Whistling.gif We are stuck with the middle class working folk :)