Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Depth Finder Alarm - how do I shut off the Alarm?

I have a 2008 VTX and on one of the lakes that I go on is fairly weedy and the depth finder alarm keeps beeping. I know how to shut it off on the display after it beeps but then 2 minutes later it beeps again and is a total pain.

How do I shut off the depth finder alarm - permanently?

Also, the depth that it reports is obvioulsy wrong. I will tell me that I am in 4' when I know it is over 6' deep to even the muck and weeds. Is there a way to adjust that?

I think that it's a bit generous in order to keep you and the boat safe. We were in water about 3 feet deep according to it once but it was up to my armpits and i'm 5'9". That probably can't be changed, but there is a way to change what depth the alarm is activated. Not sure how but I'm sure it's in the manual somewhere and just change it to as shallow as possible..

It's in the manual, but hold down the E button when in depth mode. Then scroll, select, and turn off. Use the red button to back out the screen.

Peter

It's in the manual, but hold down the E button when in depth mode. Then scroll, select, and turn off. Use the red button to back out the screen.

Peter

Our lake is shallow and mud bottom so the boat traffic stirs it up. The depth gage will read .6 ft and keep beeping. I can't get it to shut off even with the above steps. I've brought the warning all the way down to the lowest of 1ft. It was so bad one day that I had to cut the beeper wire. I might put in a light instead of a beeper if I can't figure this out.